Friday, May 21, 2010

The Flower Fields

Of course I couldn't go to the poppy fields in Lancaster without going to the Flower Fields in Carlsbad. 

DH and BG went on Family Day.  We were going to go as a family, but I had gotten sick.  They saw Ronald McDonald, performing collies, and all the arts and crafts tables.  BG came home with a flower pot that she painted.  Too bad Mommy has a brown thumb.
With a BOGO coupon for admission, I think that family day is worth the money.

LG and I when to the fields just before they closed for the season.   We shared a BOGO coupon with another mommy and paid extra to ride the wagon.  Fun but you really get your money's worth when there are activities going on.  Though, to be fair, I was with the mommy group and we didn't really check out everything.  We skipped the Rose Walk of Fame and the Poinsettia Greenhouse.  Mostly because of stroller inaccessibility and it was frickin' cold that morning.  We also decided to pass on the sweet pea maze. 
LG did love the wagon ride.  She likes to look over the edge and watch the ground going by.  We learned this at the zoo when we rode the tour bus.

The Flower Fields are beautiful with their rows and rows of Giant Tecolote Ranunculus in various colors.  Most of the bulbs are harvested to plant for the next year, though you can pick up a few at Armstrong Nurseries.  I think that my favorite is the American Flag planted out of red, white and blue anemone flowers.  So cool that they can do that. 

3 comments:

Michelle said...

I want to sneeze just looking at your photos! ;-)

km said...

Some year...I'm taking the kids there. I think I just have to put it on the calendar now so the time doesn't get swallowed up by birthday parties.

Live, Laugh, and Love :) xoxo said...

I love all the flowers!!