Monday, May 10, 2010

Ugg Hat

Here's a little something that I made to go with LG's Baby Uggs.
I'm so glad that I had frogged the bootees and reknit them a little smaller.  We have gotten a ton of use out of them.  It's so chilly here in the mornings while walking to school.  Then we try to walk the lagoon a couple of times a week.  Of course, by the time we get back home from our walk, it's warmed up.  Layers people, it's all about the layers around here.
I tried to copy the look of the bootees with the faux fur and a brown "leather" top, all made of cotton.  People do say the bootees look like uggs, the hat doesn't get so many comments.  Of course, LG has usually pulled it off by the time we see anybody.  I love the little flower that I added as an accent. It's a little bulky, but I didn't want to redo it.

I know a shocker with how much I frog things.
We get a ton of compliments on the set.  People always ask right away if I made them.  That's something that I don't get with too many projects, but I love it.

3 comments:

Desi said...

Almost unbelievably cute. And the hat's nice too!

Anonymous said...

Adorable! And the flower is just perfect.

Michelle said...

What a cutie! Layers are a very good idea for morning walks but I never bother and just end up too hot by the time I get home. :-)