Monday, May 3, 2010

The Determination of a Child

This morning LG was a very determined little girl.  She had her mind set on reading a book in the most comfortable seat in the house.  I just treasured every moment watching her.

She picked out her googley eyed dinosaur book and did the crab walk, taking her book to her big sister's everywhere chair.  She put her book on the chair.  Then she climb up.  Picking up her book and getting ready to read, her butt slowly slid off the edge of the chair and LG found herself on the floor.  She yelled.  She climbed again.

Pulling herself back onto the chair.  LG took a look around, to make sure she was all the way on the chair.  Sat down and once again her butt slid of the chair and she found herself and the book on the floor.  Another yell.

LG was still determined that she was going to read her book in that chair.  Book on chair.. check.  Baby on chair... check.  Butt on chair...  nope.  This time she slid to the floor and rolled over.  BIG yell.

Mommy to the rescue.

I put LG on the chair, facing the proper way so she wouldn't slid off, and gave her the googley eyed dinosaur book.  She happily read... until she wanted the nose book.

LG climbed off the chair and started the entire process over again.  She only had to slid off once before I helped her out again.
Tell you what.  She knew what she wanted to do.  I can't tell you how many times she slid off that chair, but once she was there she read her books for a good fifteen minutes and was happy the whole time.  It was so neat to watch her little mind work.  Trying to problem solve how not to fall off the chair.  Not giving in and reading her books on the blanket. 

Knitting
I've been working on the Wallis Cardigan and getting a lot done.  I've also spent a little time on Ravelry and am trying not to add items to my queue.  There are so many pretty things.  It's tough trying to decide what to knit once I'm done with the sweater.

4 comments:

Sara and AJ said...

Too cute!! she is getting so big!!

Anonymous said...

I love it. That determination is really going to come in handy as she grows (though you may have to deal with a few tantrums, lol).

km said...

So...is this LG's or BG's chair? So cute that she's determined. And books...that's great. But...is she scheming to steal BG's things already? ;0)

Senora Fuerte said...

So cute!! Mine is now climbing onto the coffee table in much the same manner.