LG and I were at a lapsit the other week and another mom mentioned that her and I were coming back for the school-aged reading group. Her and "that Mom, that one right there, THAT Mom." I finally had to wave. Then the librarian double checked with us, "Oh, both of you are coming back?"
Really? You don't remember me? I was annoying and then I complimented you on you very librarian shoes.
The girls love reading their library books.
I think that I figured out why our librarian can seem so grumpy, beside being fondled by 11mth old little boys, say what? Her library has a horrible selection. That is my old library had a great selection and this one doesn't... at all. There have been a few books that I have looked for that are not even in their catalog. If you are trying to read a series, it is difficult to get all the books in order without having to wait long periods of time because they are always checked out or on reserve. There is one mom reading Harry Potter to her kids as she finds them. If you are looking for something on the bestseller's list, you might as well give up and go buy it. I was talking to a mom who's brother's wife's sister (or some crazy thing like that) works at the library in the town just south of us. She says our library gets the most money, but has the least programs and worst book/DVD selection. But that's just the gossip around town. I've been happy with our library programs, don't check out DVDs because there aren't any that interest me, and really wish they had more books.
I'd be a grumpy librarian, too.
The librarian now remembers me and can even match me up with my kids. We had a nice conversation today about how both of us would rather be barefoot than wear shoes. Even cool librarian shoes.
Hey, at least I'm not the mom of the 11mth old boy that crawled over to her, stood up, put a hand on each breast, and then tried to steal her necklace. OMG, it was so funny. I thought she was going to loose it, but she didn't.
The Mommy Groups
I've been active in the mommy groups. Mostly the Red Group. I have all but left the Blue Group. I don't receive any of their email reminders anymore and have to search their calendar for something that I want to do that isn't Bootcamp , running up and down stairs or a "Thigh Killaz" Jam. Funny thing is I really liked that the Blue Group was into fitness, but I don't want to be that fit.
I think the only reason I haven't just left is because I paid $5 for my year already.
In the Red Group I host a walk every other week, a few playdates at the park and something occasional at my house. Today was awesome. We did a flower swap, I got the idea from all the yarn swaps on Ravelry.
I forgot to take a picture of all the flowers together, but here is the bouquet that I got to keep.
Love it.
2 comments:
ack...blogger ate my first comment.
Glad the librarian doesn't hate you. I would be so sad if my library didn't have good books. We really love the summer programs...
Flower swap...such a fun idea.
As much time as I spend at the library, that would really bum me out.
The flower swap sounds like a fun idea.
Post a Comment