Friday, June 25, 2010

More Cupcakes

 It seems that my cupcake skills have improved.  These cupcakes are way prettier than my last attempts at making pretty cupcakes, here and here.   The secret to my success is Cat.  

Cat is a mommy from the group and a professional cake decorator.  Actually, Cat is a scientist in the UK, but here in the states for a couple of years on mommy leave.  Her hobby is cake decorating, so she's making some extra money doing what she loves.  I love that.
Cat had a playgroup at her house and had everything ready for us.  All the shapes had been made, frosting was in the tubes, sprinkles were on hand.  She showed us what supplies we would need and how to make our own shapes and that buying the kit at Michaels is really the best way to go.  But since it was a baby playdate, there wasn't a lot of getting messy getting done.  I painted the butterflies myself with painting powder, but the rest of it is was just putting what you want on the cupcakes.

BG assigned who got which cupcake.  BG, big butterfly.  LG, little butterflies.  Mom, the daisy.  Dad, well, you kinda know which one he got.  These were also our Father's Day dessert.  Yummy.
Other Father's Day happenings?  We went to a Padres game with both Grandpas.  My dad spent a few days with us before heading out for his summer vacation road trip.  We got together with DH's family and had sightseeing and going to a game. 
Mommy Groups
Just a quick Mommy Group update.  I haven't gone to a Blue Group event since April.  So whenever I talk about the mommy groups, it will be referencing the Red Group.  Which is great, because I like them so much.

2 comments:

Desi said...

I want the big butterfly too!

Michelle said...

Now you're making me want cupcakes! Yum!