Monday, April 19, 2010

Cupcakes Done

We've been on vacation this last week, but it hasn't really felt like it.  My SIL and I threw a baby shower for my sister.  There was a lot of work that went into and I'm so glad to be done.  Once we got home, DH and BG went camping and the last couple of days have felt like my regular weekdays, LG and I hanging out together.  And trying to get her back on a schedule.
I had forgotten to take a picture of the dozens of cupcakes that we made and this eight are all that remain.  The fondant was a fun and easy to do and I think that I may mess with it again someday.  BG doesn't like to eat the fondant.  Surprise, surprise, a kid that wants regular frosting on her cupcakes.

The party was a huge success.  With all the fuss that went into it, the only thing that went wrong was the neighbor's dog got into the yard and our guest of honor disappeared for a little while trying to return it to the owners.  Oh, and there was cake.  Lots of cake.  Apparently the MIL still felt as if she needed to buy 2 half sheets of cake from Costco.  I felt a little dumb handing out cake and then cupcakes.  It wasn't my party and my sister didn't seem to mind, so we went with the flow.
Chicklet @ 7mths
Say what?  That's crazy mom.

3 comments:

km said...

Guess when you were explaining that you were making cupcakes and she kept suggesting a costco cake, she really didn't think you'd pull it off. Well, I guess that too much cake is better than not enough.

Michelle said...

I would take a cupcake... Especially since you worked so hard on it!

Desi said...

Heh. Pretty funny stuff. And a great pic of LG!