Monday, April 5, 2010

February Easter

I hope that everyone had a Happy Easter.   I was feeling a little better, got some antibiotics.  Things can only get better from here on.

There was a bad side effect of being sick.

I've been feeling miserable since Tuesday afternoon.  Thursday I went to the doctor with a headache, earache, sore throat and a fever of 104.0 degrees.  He gave a Rx and sent me on my way.  Saturday night at 6pm I left the house for a Target run to get Easter Bunny stuff.  When I came back an hour later with only milk, BG said she "knew it."  She had figured out who the Easter Bunny was.  That is what happens when mom doesn't move for four days and HAS to go to the store the night before a holiday.

To tell you the truth, it's so much easier when they do find out.  We didn't do our egg hunt until just before lunch.  Yay, I didn't have to go out in the cold, dewy morning and hide eggs.  We did talk about how we are not allowed to not spoil it for the other kids or LG as she grows up.  I think that next year, BG is going to want to help with the bunny duties and that will be fun for her.

LG had a wonderful time playing with her eggs.  They were filled with all of her favorite baby treats.  She also got two new bouncy balls in her basket.  Balls are the best for chasing around the house.  She's not crawling, but she is boot-scooting everywhere and will find any piece of paper left anywhere. (as of this moment, she has pulled every workbook and school activity paper we have off the shelf in the computer area)

BG had a fun Easter Egg Hunt.  I was tricky and hide the eggs in harder spots.  She looked for a least 20 minutes if not more.  I only hide eggs in the backyard, but who knew I could find so many spots.  She had somewhere between 30-40 eggs and 7 of them she needed a little help.  Trees are awesome and at this age they assume I only hide 1 egg per area.  Good thing I didn't hide all the golf balls that the Easter Bunny brought, too.

It didn't stop at our house either.  We made our way up to Grandma's house.  I did a good job of hiding eggs in her yard and BG still needed help with 1 of the 14 eggs.  Though Grandma's eggs were cooler because they had chicks and butterflies on them. The tough egg was a ladybug and blended into the hiding spot.

The girls were so cute in their February Sweaters and I did manage to get a picture of the two of them together.
"Shh, it's really my uncle in a bunny suit."

So, LG wasn't feeling the whole Easter Bunny vibe that everyone else had.  We did take her away from her eggs to take this picture.  It seems that even with an entire day of both girls dressed up in their sweaters, this seems to be the only picture of them together.

6 comments:

km said...

Super cute. What a fun Easter. My kids have always known about Santa & the Easter Bunny. They're sort of like Mickey Mouse to them...fun to pretend. But, the Tooth Fairy on the other hand...they can't figure that one out. ;0)

Michelle said...

I always knew the bunny wasn't real. No big deal but fun to pretend. And now you'll have help! The sweaters look adorable.

Anonymous said...

How cute! Those sweaters were just perfect for Easter. I agree, it's so much easier once they find out who Santa, the Tooth Fairy and the Easter Bunny are!

Senora Fuerte said...

The girls look so beautiful in their sweaters! That was the perfect color for their skin tone. Just lovely!

Clumsy Knitter said...

I grew up in the Midwest so we often still had snow on the ground at Easter--I never realized people actually hid eggs outside! What fun! (Plus, it cuts down on the odds of not being able to find all the eggs, and having one of them go rotten behind the couch.)

Amy M said...

Oh man, so adorable! You did a phenomenal job on the sweaters.