Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Busy and Botanical

I'm back to feeling 90% today, so we are going to resume our regular busy schedule. 

Yay, it's library day!  I think that LG missed seeing her buddies last week and she has a surprise for them.  Crawling.  She is definitely crawling now and just needs to work on her speed.  It's so nice because she is so much happier when playing on her blanket.  Well, when she stays on her blanket.  She is able to move around and grab whatever she want to play with now.

Needless to say, my knitting basket is now in my closet upstairs and the video games box has been moved to a shelf in the computer area.  It was so nice of LG cleaned out all the old school papers and workbooks for me while I was writing the last post.  She's taking a nap right now.

Botanical Gardens
The girls and I took advantage of the free day at the local Botanical Gardens.  This gardens are a little smaller than the one in LA, but I think that these ones are much prettier.  They have more varieties of plants and it's well organized.  Plus, a huge new kids' play area.  Here we are at a waterfall in one of the rainforest areas of Africa.
One of the fun things about living somewhere new is discovering all the cool stuff to do.  Well, it's fun when you have someone to explore these new places with and you don't have to put in a lot of work to find them.  That is why I bought this book.
It's pretty neat and I recommend it for any mom that lives in one of the counties listed on the cover.  It doesn't have everything, I don't think any book could, but it has a lot.  You can search by county, theme, city, price, or one of my favorites, by month.  I just flip my book open to April and highlight anything that looks interesting and is our area.  For instance, did you know that April 28th is $0.31 Scoop Night at Baskin Robbins? 
I can even search for stuff up by the MIL's house so I'm not bored out of my mind while visiting her. Not that I'm saying grandparents are boring.  I used to hate going to my grandparent's house as a kid.  They were so old and dull.  Wheel of Fortune and watching grass grow.  They didn't get interesting until I was in my 30s, then they were gone.

Okay, enough with the depressing.  This book can even make grandparents fun!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

The only thing that kept my one grandparents house interesting was that it's on a river and we went swimming several times a day. The other grandparents house let us watch TV. I think it's a good idea to have other things to do!

Anonymous said...

I love books like that. We usually surf the web for local things to do and it's always surprising to find some new things. It's a great way to find quality time things to do.