Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Comfy Blanket II

I finished the Comfy Blanket II (rav) in time for the baby shower.  Actually a little early which is always good.   When I logged onto Ravelry to enter my dates, I realized that it took me a month to the day.  I think this is the fastest blanket I have ever made.  
It is the same Yarn Harlot stitch pattern that I used for the brown blanket.  I increased the edging by almost twice as much.  As a result, this blanket was even more fun to knit.  It was the perfect balance between the lace and stockinette stitch that I didn't get bored with it.  
I love this blanket just as much as the first.  The yarn, Comfy Worsted by KnitPicks, is super soft.  I was able to feel the brown blanket after lots of washes and it is still very soft, though the stitch definition was lost a little in the edging. 

I can't believe that the last three months of crafting have been dedicated to these blankets and I don't even get to keep them.  LG is a little upset about it, too.
What do you mean they don't belong to us? Chicklet @ 8 mths
Actually she's upset that she is sitting on the grass and not on the blankets.  This girl does not like to be in the dirt.  BG was the same way and now she collects rollie-pollies and snails on all of our walks. 

The Mommy Groups
I've been pretty active in the Red Group this month.  Trying to do something at least once a week.  It's a good thing because one organizers is wrapping up her job before going on maturity leave, another just went back to work and another is getting ready to go back to work.  There hasn't been much posted on the calendar. I'm still very happy with this group and love meeting new members all the time.

I haven't really seen the Blue Group.  Activities I wanted to go to have been canceled due to rain twice  this month.  I'll try again next month.  But honestly, I don't miss them.  I'm thinking about leaving just to take the confusion out of my schedule.  But then again, maybe not.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Awww. So many blankets and none to sit on! I like the bigger borders on the new blanket and I'm sure that it'll be much loved!

Anonymous said...

What a pretty blanket! It's the perfect combo of easy knitting and interesting texture.