Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Baby February II - Take 2

This is Take 2 of knitting this sweater.  It started with the BattleStar Galactica game that I was playing.  We earned points over the month for the finished knitting projects that we had.  When I started this sweater, I had a couple of different dye lots of the Malabrigo Worsted in Orchid.  I had started the sweater in the wrong dye lot.  I was so eager to get my points, I figured that I would just finish the sweater and see how much the difference in colors showed.
To the non-knitter it was probably fine, but I was not happy with it.  So I frogged the entire sweater and reknit it in the same dye lot.

I'm so annoyed with myself that I got a little too wrapped up in the BSG game.  Taking longer to finish something properly is always better than getting a project done quickly.  Since having LG, I haven't had a lot of had time to knit.  I was doing less and less with the game and after a month of not reading the forums, I decided to just leave the group.  It's a little liberating.  I should do the same thing with Farmville HA!  
I had to modify the pattern to fit BG.  The collar fits her nicely, but I think the I put too many increases in the yoke.  It flares up a bit more than I would like and the body is a little large.  It was my first time doing major modifications to a pattern.  Something that I have learned takes practice and quite a bit of math.  Even using Elizabeth Zimmerman's equation for making a sweater in any size. Thankfully, kids look good in knits that are a little too big.

BG likes it, looks cute in it and she'll be able to wear it for a very long time.  A couple of years at least.

Home
Sorry if the blog seem boring today.  DH has been home sick for the last two days and has been working from home on the computer all day long.  He went to work today, but I think that I now have something and the headache that comes with it is horrible.  I'm just trying to give you a blog post since it is already half way through the week. 

6 comments:

km said...

Feel better soon!

I do want to see photos of the girls in their matching sweaters. I think that will be beyond cute.

Clumsy Knitter said...

Those matching sweaters look so darn cute! One of my favorite colorways of Malabrigo, too. :)

Grace said...

Oh matching February sweaters--too cute! They're lovely and your mods look great.

Alice @ http://kathrynivy.com

Desi said...

Poor baby. I like your blog very much, m'dear. A little insight into the life of a capable, intelligent mom who still figures out how to get things done despite having to baby three people.

Anonymous said...

Aww, don't worry about the blog (look at how long I go btn. posts!). It'll be here.

I agree, kids do look cute in clothes that they can grow into. I'm awed by your persistence, to frog the sweater and start over. Both of them are lovely!

Michelle said...

The sweaters are adorable. I think one of the reasons my knitting mojo is back is because I dropped out of the game too. Hope your headache goes away quickly. Having to take care of three has probably worn you out!