Lately I've had a few fails, but not in go for a walk, the sit on the floor, blanket in the yard and play with LG department. Or the play outside, bake cookies, be cuddly with BG department. I am even doing okay in the keeping the house generally clean.
I had a fail in the Ravelympic department on two counts. First the Wallis. Here is my start picture.
I'm knitting all three pieces at the same time because I am making some major modifications to the waist of the sweater. Here I had done all the increases for the back, but not the two fronts. There were a bunch of safety pins at each increase, but really I forgot what exactly I was doing and I didn't want to reverse figure out the math. I know I have notes around here somewhere. So, I frogged the back to the fancy ribbing you see there.
I got all three pieces back on needles and did all the increases on all three pieces. Now I just need to knit until I decrease for the arm holes. The only modification here with be in the length, because I have a long torso. But the rest of the pattern is as written. So if I don't pick it up again for a while, there will be no frogging. Here is the current state of the Wallis.
The back is shorter than what I started with, but the two fronts have a lot more finished on them. I may still one day finish this. Hopefully sooner than not since I am trying to rid myself of all my WIPs before starting too many new projects. This is a great system considering I have already started a new project that should of taken two days but you can now add a week to that.
I still haven't finished my quickie, inspired, cotton knit. It's so easy. I don't want to share it until I'm done because they will be so gosh darn cute when I am done.
That's the problem with starting something spur of the moment and then it takes longer than you thought it would. It's like getting up on a Saturday morning and saying. "Hey, let's go to the zoo!" But it takes a good 45 minutes just to get ready for the zoo... after showering and making yourself look fabulous. When you've got about another 15 minutes before you can hit the road, you decide, "Hey, let's sit on a blanket in the backyard and pretend that we are at the park instead."
See... backyard, blanket..
I see a giraffe, a zebra and a tiger. This is just like going to the zoo.
"I feel cheated" Chicklet @ 7mths
2 comments:
Commiseration over fails--laundry currently sitting on bed... at least it's clean. But yay for the mommy stuff. I think you've got your priorities set pretty well, girlfriend.
You'll always have time to finish knitting but the girls with grow up and you won't get that time back. You're making good choices!
Post a Comment