Saturday, March 13, 2010

Maybe It's NOT Me?

I've been having a ton of fun lately.  Hanging out with the Blue Group, with the Red Group, at the library.  Most importantly, talking to the other moms.  Some of them read my blog or I bring it up.  Turns out...

There are only a couple of librarians that anyone likes.  I've been learning a few librarian jokes, but none of them are as good as my blond cheerleader jokes.  Or the one about Herbert and Gerbert. 

The Blue Group has rubbed other experienced moms the wrong way, also.  They also agree with me on the clique thing.  I'm not going to give up.  I like the activities and there are some other great moms that I have met.  A couple of us are planning little events that fit into our schedules so that we know we will see each other when we meet up.  I'm making friends.

If you remember, the Red Group made me an Asst. Organizer.  I've been having fun listing little events.  My goal is to have a couple of days with regular, repeating events.  Then I add some crazy family stuff on the weekends.  Our babies may not be old enough to get the full effect of them yet, but it teaches us about the events that are in our community.

I've been talking to the moms to see what others want from this group.  I talk to the Red Group moms, the Blue Group moms,  my BFFs (and moms) in Idaho and LA.  Learning what moms hope for and what makes them comfortable when they are trying to find new friends.  Also the things that make them uncomfortable and not want to come back. 

On the same subject, I've had my first big bummer with the Red Group.  I am having the other organizers over to my house today.  Out of the five of us, one girl is going to be out of state for a family event.  Now the Red Leader is sick.  Darn you influenza, darn you to heck.  I was really looking forward to getting together with her because in the end, it's her group.  I have a lot of ideas, but I want to keep within her goals for the group and don't want to step on her toes. I have a lot of ideas that I have collected from various moms and I want to share with her the things that are most popular.  But it some work and would change the dynamics of the group a little bit. 

ETA: just got a message that one more girl is sick.  That makes it just two of us.  So, we decided to have fun with our Saturday and reschedule this for another time.  Stinky poo.

Knitting
I've got until mid April-ish to finish my next project.  It's a second Comfy Blanket for my unborn niece.  It's coming along so far, but is going to be the only thing I am working on for a while.
Just keep knitting, knitting, knitting.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Your social calendar must be getting booked solid! I'm so lazy and anti-social that I can't even imagine. :-) The blanket looks like good zen knitting at least so you can relax in between events.