I realized that I never shared with you my button finds from when I went shopping.
It all started when I just had to have these little purple buttons. They look pink, but if you put them next to the pink buttons, you would see that they are actually the purple buttons. The purpley, pink buttons. Then I picked up some green buttons. One day I might decide to make myself a Lady February. It's going to have to be a green sweater.
These buttons are so pretty but there wasn't much variety. You could choose pink, purple or green in small, medium and large. The purple buttons are actually three small and three medium. Can you see the difference? The pink and the purple very were similar, also. Then there were giant green buttons.
BG decided at the shop that she was going to start a button collection. She started with the $1 a dozen jar.
There are six of each of these buttons. She spent a good amount of time sorting through the buttons and choosing the ones that she liked. Then I went through and put away all the colors that I didn't think would ever get used in my knitting. Because it's really a collection of buttons that I may use one day. The little red buttons have already been assigned to their knit, but we went in looking for little red buttons, also.
BG did pick out on special, more expensive button. It was just too pretty to leave in the shop.
Lots of buttons have since been added to the collection. I found all the extra buttons that came with any nice shirt I have ever bought. A few fun shaped buttons from scrapbooking kits have been added. We found a neat metal button while on one of our walks that is still sitting in the bottom of the stroller waiting to be cleaned and added to the collection.
It all started with those pretty purple buttons. The buttons that I should of just bought when I first saw them. Even if I never used them, it would of been cheaper than the gas spent on driving up to Orange County to buy them. Of course, the day with our friends was well worth the trip.
Knitting
I'm three balls into the eight balls of yarn needed for the baby blanket. Ready for a little break. Just keep knitting, knitting, knitting.
Have you ever seen this site? It's called Petite Purls. It's like Knitty.com but with kid patterns only. I really want to make a Haltermelon. That would require buying yarn and I am trying to stash down. No more babies are allowed to be born into my family so that I can focus on knitting for my own kids instead.
I have got to get my stash down. Not because it's huge. It's actually quite small compared to others. I just feel so guilty for not knitting what the yarn was bought for yet. But more on that in another post.




3 comments:
Love the buttons. I definitely need to work on my button stash. And you're reminding me that I haven't tallied up my yarn stash in a while. I wouldn't be surprised to be over 100,000 yards at this point. Must keep knitting!
So how much stash do you have to knit through before you can buy yarn for your FLS? I love that yellow button.
You should make a February doll sweater for BG. With teeny tiny pink buttons.
Post a Comment