$1 a dozen buttons
The real problem is that back in April I visited a cute little vintage shop. I came across some really pretty, purple buttons, but did not buy them. I had bought the yarn for the Baby February Sweaters at the time, but hadn't knit them yet. I was working on my Tulip Cardigan that used the same yarn. That was my big mistake. I couldn't get those buttons out of my head and no other button would do. Their ribbon selection
This button shop is also very far away from where I now live in San Diego. It's in Fullerton, as is by Disneyland. I looked into button shops in my area. I could only find one in southern San Diego. I called the shop, they are open four weekdays and only 3 hours at a time. They also told me I should call before driving down just in case they decide to take the day off. How do they make money? I guess they make all their money off the website, which didn't have any buttons I liked either.One day I'll have a reason to buy German Glass Glitter
So it looks I was going to be taking a drive to Orange County. We made a day of it, took both the girls with me. I met Senora Fuerte for lunch. A blogging buddy of mine then joined us for button shopping. Then we headed to another friend's house to play and go out for dinner. Orange County is fun.This shop is worth it if you are ever in Fullerton, see link above. They are a trimmings shop and have buttons, ribbon, jewelry beads, and various items that you wouldn't ever expect to see in any shop. It has a real Victorian feel. I definitely recommend swinging by if you scrapbook, too. Plus there is a delicious sandwich shop in the plaza.
Kidlets
Chicklet is feeling much better from her mini-cold. However, I now have a bit of a cold myself.
In worst news, we lost Sophie. Sophie the Teething Giraffe, our favorite teething toy. You can see her here on Christmas morning. It's just her backside, but Sophie looks good from any angle.
We went for a walk on the lagoon on Sunday. Chicklet dropped Sophie on the ground, so I put her in the under stroller basket. When we got home, there was no Sophie to be found. Today I walked our route to the last known location, but no Sophie on the sidewalk or trail.
Did I mention that we are really bummed about this?




2 comments:
I have the hardest time finding buttons down here in San Diego, too! Hmm...maybe that's the real reason none of my cardigans have buttons. Yeah...let's go with that. ;-)
That's too bad about the buttons. We have a nice button shop in Boston but that won't help you much. Can you call the other shop with the purple buttons and see if they'll mail them? Yay for the kids for feeling better but that's too bad you've got it now. I'll keep my fingers crossed that the giraffe turns up!
Post a Comment