Saturday, February 13, 2010

Saartje's Booties II

It's official, all the knitters of the world don't want to be bothered with for the next 17 days because we are knitting.  I pulled out my Wallis Sweater instead of starting yet another project that will need to be finished. This may be the only way that I can get it done.  Now I just need to remember where I put the notebook that has my notes for the modifications I made.  hmmm.....  I'm going to try to finish it and see if I can get more WIPs done with the leftover time.  I'm being very optimistic here.

In the meantime, here is a little pre-Ravelympic knit.  This pair of Saartje's Booties we kept for LG.  The first pair was a gift.  I really love this pattern.  So much that while carrying it around with me, I lost it.  I guess that is how you can tell I really like something, I lose it.  These booties are just too darn cute.
If you are ever looking for a quick knit for a baby gift, this is it.  I've made another pair that has been shipped off already.  I was thinking about making two more pairs for a couple of babies that I actually don't know.  I'm starting to reconsider this.  The fact that I haven't gone to the library to reprint the pattern or try to cast them on from the computer is kinda speaking to me.  My hands are telling me that I need to focus on knitting for my kids, not other people's.  Of course, I say this after finally finishing a blanket for my nephew and waiting for the yarn to come in the mail for a blanket for my niece.   They are related so okay, right?  

Kidlets
LG is loving that Sophie is back.  It really was a favorite toy to teeth on. BG is also home for a four day weekend.  I hope that I can survive.  Keeping these children entertained is going to be a task.  BG is just going to have to be happy with video games, arts and crafts, forced reading time, and lots of watching the Olympics.  LG is just going to have to go with the flow.  It's tough when we are used to it being quiet all morning long.  We had four attempts at a nap yesterday.  BG doesn't realize how much noise she makes.  No picture today because none of us are looking photogenic this morning.

I'm feeling better from being "infected."  The augmentum makes me really dizzy.  I am staying home from my SIL's baby shower as a result.  It's a 4 hour drive with two kids and no private place to rest when we get there.  I think that I would be making myself sicker if I went instead of focusing on getting healthier.  Plus, my dad said that I couldn't stay at his house this weekend.  Stinky, but he's recovering from his own health issues. 

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Good luck on your olympic knitting! I'm feeling pretty good with my decision to skip it this year. I'm going to try knitting some of those booties for my hair dresser this month. They are so darn cute!

Sara and AJ said...

LOVE the booties!!