Last week I had a bit of a cold. I was able to kick it in a couple of days, just in time to go out of town for a Super Bowl party. Well, it turns out that the cold lead to a clogged milk duct. That got infected over the weekend. Just think crazy, mad pain plus flu-like symptoms and you have my life Saturday night through Tuesday night.
It didn't help that every time I talked to the doctor's office, I got the new hire that didn't know that when a patient says they have an infection they need to be seen sooner than the next day. Then when you talk to her again and the patient is begging to come in earlier because her fever is 101.5 degrees and she feels like dying, you should try to get her in sooner. I didn't really want to take the kids to the urgent care with all the sickness that I could end up taking home with us and DH was out of town for work. So I waited it out and was thankful that I had some leftover postpartum pain meds to help.
I did complain to the doctor. She tried to cover it up a bit by saying that I wasn't an established patient and they don't normal rush new patients in. Considering I've lived here for three months, I'm not really established anywhere. I put a big emphasis on the fact that I had an infection, pain and an above 101 degree fever. I got an apology phone call Wednesday morning from the desk girl and am feeling much better now that I've had a few doses of the antibiotics. Still hurts like a mother though.
Knitting
I still don't know what I am going to do for the Ravelympics. The comments were even 2-2 on what I should knit. It will just come down to whatever I pickup and start knitting during the opening ceremonies.
Right now, I've got to go finish sewing in some ends to a gift baby blanket I just finished and get it washed for the baby shower this weekend. I don't normally gift such wonderful things like blankets that take two and half months to knit up. But my SIL asked for a blanket for my new nephew and I like my SIL a lot. Her husband is pretty cool, too.
Kidlets
We finally know what happened to Sophie. Apparently she took off to Paris find her friend Gnon. That's where they are from, Paris, France. She showed up late last night in a box marked Diapers.com with some teething tablets and teething biscuits as "I'm sorry I took off" gifts.
Gnon and Sophie the Teething Toys
Gnon is nice. He's made of the same rubber material that Sophie is made from. But see that little loop on his head. I plan on putting a pacifier clip on him and we won't have to worry about the teething toy falling out of the stroller again. Yeah, I ordered a new Sophie. Though it seemed like we were going to be doomed not to have her. The box was suppose to be delivered here Monday morning and according to the tracking number, it was delivered. A little further investigating showed that Sophie was delivered to the old address up in LA. Fricky Frak. I was just there Sunday for the Super Bowl. Lucky for us, DH had to work there on Wednesday, so he picked up our package for me. This morning I gave a fussing baby her new Sophie and she happily chewed on the legs for a good little while. I'm so glad that we finally got Sophie back.
4 comments:
That sucks about the infection and the doctor. I saw something on FB that you weren't feeling well so don't worry at all about not emailing. You need the rest! You'd think that even a new person would understand that fever/extreme pain would move you up in the appt book. And yay for new Sophie! I'm sure she'll feel right at home.
OMG, I heard that is one of the most painful things to go through (mastitis) I would be very upset also, sorry you had to go through that, but I'm glad you made a fuss!! hope you are feeling much better, I'm sure you are since you were finally seen :) and started on some antibiotics!!!
I should have thought to tell you that OB/GYN are much more sensitive to mastitis. They'll get you in quicker. I had 11 bouts of mastitis over 3 kids. Yuck!
I'm wrangling a WIP for the Ravelympics.
Yeah for a new Sophie. You'll have to read the Griaffe that walked to Paris. Super cute book and it's a true story. I had to do an inter-library loan request because it's an out of print book.
ow ow ow ow ow ow! I had a clogged duct with Simon, but fortunately no infection. I cannot imagine how much that must hurt.
I'm so glad you got a new Sophie. We still get sad whenever we think about Lakerdog & Kitty, Simon's favorite buddies that we lost on our Disneyland trip.
Post a Comment