Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Saartje's Booties III - Ballet Slippers

Here are one of my favorite pairs of Saarjte's Booties (rav page).  I turned this little pair into ballerina slippers.  The girls were matching ballerinas for Halloween and the big puffy tutus were screaming for knit ballet shoes.  The modifications are that I didn't knit the button tabs, though I did continue knitting the back of the bootie.  I put in a few YOs to lace the ribbon through then up the leg for the full effect.  Even though I knit the smaller size, LG's feet were still tiny enough that she had to wear socks to keep her shoes on.
Here is a shot with both of the girls' feet together.  More on BG's socks later.

Kidlets

We just finished up a four day weekend.   That was a lot of work.  I was finally feeling functional Sunday.  Yesterday, keeping BG entertained was an all day event.  I really enjoyed getting to spend some time with her outside of the house.  I walked her to a friend's for a playdate in the morning.  Three hours later we were getting a haircut and eating out for lunch. 
  Chicklet @ 6 mths.  "Mom, there's dirt in my diaper." 
Then it was off to the playground for a few hours.  Of course, when we got home the neighbor girls were out.  When we finally went in because it was dark, I got started on dinner.  LG just came along for the ride.  She's normally not a complainer as long as there is food and naptime.  It was time for bed when I was finally able to relax.  Whoever said that being a SAHM was easy, was never a SAHM.  I'm glad that I do have my energy back.  It's a good thing because today I'm driving BG down to Sea World for a class field trip.  I somehow never got a picture of BG playing with her friends.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I love chicklets face in the sandbox. And of course I love anything pink and ballet!