Thursday, March 25, 2010

Baby February I

I was originally going to take pictures of my daughters in their clean white dresses and matching sweaters.  It was going to be so precious it would make you want to throw up.  I believe there is a precious that cute.  However, this never happened. -- The cuteness happens all the time, just not the other thing.

The girls have been wearing their sweaters for a while now, sometimes together.  Normally we are getting dressed up, which means we are going somewhere, which means I'm running late.  No time for pictures then.   At some point you think I would of managed to get them into the backyard to take pictures.  It's really not that hard and I don't know what is wrong with me.  I haven't gotten them to the photo studio together for pictures either.  White dresses and BFSs are planned for those, also. 

I've finally decided that I just need to take some pictures.  LG is taking a nap and BG is at school.  I'm in the backyard taking pictures of yarn.

This is LG's sweater.  It's suppose to be knit on two needles.  That's the actually name of the sweater, Baby Sweater on Two Needles.  I did the yolk carefully following the directions.  Then I started the lace pattern.  After two repeats, I pulled up all the BFSs on Ravelry.  "Yeah, it looks like everyone else did two repeats before starting the sleeves." 
I was pregnant and didn't feel like finding my measuring tape.  Plus, I'm making something for a baby and even Elizabeth Zimmerman, the designer of the sweater, said the gauge doesn't matter because the baby will grow into it.  I figured this also applied when considering sweater length and whatever else.

Pregnant.

The next step of the pattern is to knit the sleeves.  Psshh.  I don't want to be bothering with two knit sleeves getting in the way while I'm knitting the rest of the sweater.  I decided to knit the body first.  Silly Liz.  Or maybe silly me...

Pregnant.

When I returned to the sleeves, the no longer could be knit on two needles because I now had a round hole that they needed to be fit into.  Oh well.  I bought some double pointed needles in the proper size and just knit them in the round.  In the end, I had no seaming. Yay!

I've always said that there is no right way to knit, just a wrong way.  And it ain't wrong unless it looks wrong.  My sweater looks just like everyone else, so I'm cool... and Pregnant!  Well, not anymore, but.. you know what I'm saying.

Now that I finally have buttons for this sweater, LG has been wearing it regularly and looking oh so cute.  The buttons are perfect for this sweater.  I'm so happy that I went back and got them.  I think that we can get lots of use out of it.  Because I choose to make it short sleeves, as she starts to grow more, it becomes a bolero.  Someone already commented on her cute bolero, so I'm going with the flow. 

Pregnant Brain!  It never really goes away.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh no, don't tell me pregnant brain never goes away -- I don't want to get that now that it's been 5 years since the last one.

Love the sweater. It looks so soft and the color is perfect for this time of year.

Michelle said...

The short sleeves are so cute! I made two of these for a friend who had twins. I don't remember if I did the sleeves in the round or not though because it was a while ago. I tend to do sleeves first because they are less in the way than a bulky body section.

km said...

I never even thought about the sleeves. I think that's way smarter in CA though.