Friday, March 12, 2010

It's Like a Zoo Out There...

Zoo vs. Backyard
I told you that sometimes, while trying to go to the zoo, we end up laying on a blanket in the backyard.  The kids don't mind as long as we make our way to the hot tub later.  But our backyard is kinda like a zoo back there.  Take the other day, I saw a lion, a macaw, a red-eyed tree frog, a warthog and a meerkat.  Okay, the meerkat is really a rabbit.
These are some cute little puppets that BG made over the weekend.  They are a Martha Stewart kit and everything is peel and stick, so no glue or scissors.  They are definitely for kids, I can barely fit my hand inside.  We've been having a lot of fun putting on puppet shows for LG.  It's very National Geographic, ie. the bird keeps trying to eat the frog.   It's a pretty big frog for such a little bird.
We do occasionally get live animals in our backyard.  This is one of four cats that I've seen.  This black kitty and a white kitty hang around the most.  The neighbor that owned them moved away last month.  Suddenly all the little gifts I was finding in the backyard disappeared.  We haven't seen any of the other cats for a while either.

Kidlets
There is one other breed of wild animal that I have seen in my backyard.  Look at her.  So sweet and cute.  Pretty long hair and sweet little smile.
She just got her hair cut.  I let her pick the style and everything.  Now she's all sassy and chic. 
This is a very popular hair style with the girls at school.  My kid is so cool.  She even told me the other day that a boy has a crush on her.  But she doesn't like him because he's weird.  I told her that she still has to be nice to him, and is not allowed to tease him for being the oddball in class.  She's a good girl.

6 comments:

Desi said...

Those puppets are terrific. They look professional. Leave it to Martha! (and her minions)

Michelle said...

Did the neighbors leave the cats when they moved? That would be so cruel. The puppets are insanely cute and the yard is so much more fun than the zoo!

Live, Laugh, and Love :) xoxo said...

Love the puppets. and the hair!! She's getting so big.

Victory said...

Such a beautiful girl! I can't believe how BIG my little niece is getting!

I love hearing about your backyard adventures. You're such a good mom!

Victory said...

Such a beautiful girl! I can't believe how BIG my little niece is getting!

I love hearing about your backyard adventures. You're such a good mom!

Senora Fuerte said...

Wow, BG has aged two or three years with that haircut! She looks so cute, but she looks like such a, well, big girl. I guess there's no stopping it-- they just grow up, huh?