Monday, September 13, 2010

Potholders

Here's a fun little craft that the kids enjoyed during the summer.  BG and I had fun making these together.  Well, it was kinda more like she got bored after five rows of weaving and I finished them. 
Hey Sissy, what are these?
This is your basic $5 kit from the craft store.  It comes with a loom, hook and enough stretchy bands to make four potholders.  Next time I head back to the store I'll pick up the refill kit.  Then we will have enough supplies to make potholders for all the friends that BG wants to share them with.

 These are pretty cool.
BG then gave them out to the neighborhood friends as gifts.  One was out the door and gone before I even knew it.  Then as she was giving away the second potholder, I quickly finished the last one and snapped some pictures with LG's help. 
 I think I like this one.
I told BG that I was going to tell all her friends that I had them.  I was then immediately sworn under the power of the Pinky Promise to say that BG made them and I had nothing to do with it.  Pinky Promise, that's powerful stuff there.
I'm just gonna...
In all these were a very fun project.  The most fun was in picking out the colors.  BG likes the colorblock patterns, like the pink/purple one, more than the striped patterns, like the yellow, orange, green and white one.  Deciding which colors went to which friends was a lot of fun, too.  Like she has a friend that loves yellow and another that likes pink.  BG is a little bit more into blue these days, so you can guess which one she wants to keep for herself.
... mine...
That is if her little sister doesn't steal them all.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Cute. I've made so many of those growing up and my older niece has starting making some occasionally. Her Mom is not crafty so she has to wait for me or her Granny (my MIL) to visit to help her make stuff though so she doesn't do a whole lot.