Have I ever told you that LG loves to swing? It has been her favorite activity at the park for quite awhile now. I've gotten to the point that I don't even try to get her off the swing. She loves it.
A friend of ours handed down their daughter's old backyard swing when she had outgrown it. It took me a couple of weeks to head over to Home Depot to pick up rope to hang the swing. When I bought the rope, we went to a different park near all the shopping centers. LG got a little weird there. I don't know if it is because we were with different friends? Maybe it was because I had a mommy friend to talk to and was distracted while pushing her? LG suddenly didn't want to swing. I didn't think twice about it.
We played, ate lunch and then headed home to hang her swing. Turns out that it is more difficult to hang a swing in a tree than you would think. You really need an almost level branch and we don't have any trees with level branches.
I finally decided to hang the swing off the upstairs patio. It's on the far side of the yard and the ground can get a little soggy there sometimes, but it really was the best place to hang a swing. Oh, and I have mastered the Fisherman's Bend Knot.
Mastered.
I put LG in the swing, scratch that. I tried to put LG in the swing, but she would have nothing to do with it. I'm still pondering why. Is it because the handles are a little different than the swings at our park, but the same as the swings at the new park? Is it because it's bright yellow? It must be a phase that she is going through. Right? RIGHT!!!???
As far as the swing in our backyard, it's not lonely.
BG had some friends over the other day. I saw them head over to the swing and decided to spy on them. I was laughing so hard by the time they spotted me.
I guess it's a good thing that I got a strong rope. Well, at least up to 124lbs. and it's doubled on both sides. I told the girls that only one of them is allowed to swing at a time.
They were very excited to hear that this is an OK to play on toy.
BG and I had a chat later. We have enough space off the patio that she would like me to add a swing seat and a swing disk. Our backyard is turning into a little playground with a picnic table, a $2 garage sale kiddie slide and the swing. Any other toys that you can think of that we need?
I'm gonna have to start buying stronger ropes.
1 comment:
See saws are awesome!! :)
Post a Comment