Monday, September 20, 2010

Elijah II

Meet the drummer (swoon) of our little safari band.  It's Elijah II. (rav)
 
The first time I knit an Elijah it took me a week.  This time it took me the entire eight weeks of summer.  The delays were things like the 2.5 hour nap that LG took on my chest today because every time I tried to transfer her she would wake up.  I think she's getting another molar?

This Elijah is made with Malabrigo Worsted, so he is larger than the pattern calls for.  I tried to not over stuff him.  I want a cuddly elephant.  I had taken a few pictures to post on Friday and then realized that he had a very deflated face.  I didn't quite give his head enough stuffing. Oops.

New photos were taken and I'm very happy with this one.  It's on one of our black chairs and I'm hiding the busy background with an old work apron.  Before the pictures were in the backyard and the colors were very washed out.

I do love the dark purple of the yarn.  It's call Purple Magic.  It's a great shade if you have a Halloween knit coming up.  I kept his eyes simple for little kids to play with him.  Just an embroidered "x" for each eye.  They aren't really knotted in there, so I hope neither of the kids figures out that all they need to do is pull the thread out of his head.  If they ever do, it's take all of two minutes to fix. 

Okay, LG is definitely teething.  She has just fallen asleep again on my lap as I try to type this.   I'm glad a friend is picking up BG from school today.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

He's adorable and very cute in purple. Poor LG. Hope that tooth pops out quickly!

Desi said...

What a dreamboat. He looks just like the drummer I dated in high school.

thanya said...

WOW!!!! Can you make me an Elijah so i can tell other people I made it? :) SOOO adorable!