We car camped while we were in Mammoth Lakes. This is different from say, backpack camping or backyard camping. It's basically regular camping when you put your car up to a campsite and pitch a tent, then pack up when you are done. While we were in Yosemite, we hoteled it.
Funny thing, we had cell phone and internet connection the entire time in Mammoth and nothing in Yosemite. Well, there were the computers in the lobby that you could of paid for by the hour but we weren't doing that. This is all very important because we like Facebook. Can you say, "addicted." At least I kicked the Farmville habit this summer.
Oh and yes it is roughing it when you have your iPhone. It's not like I could roast marshmallows on my campfire app.
We had a great time in the park. We rented bikes and cruised around the entire place, twice. Stopped to hike here and there, and got lemonade at the Ahwahnee Hotel. I have to admit that I was happy to be on the bike after all the hiking we did in Mammoth. And BG was happy when I told her we would skip the last hike to a waterfall for the day.
Here are just a few quick pictures taken by my husband while we were there.
Sisters in front of Yosemite Valley Chapel.
Crossing the mighty Merced River.
Hiking up to the beautiful lower Yosemite Falls.
Half Dome from the valley floor.
At the Ahwahnee Hotel.
Looking down on the valley and a view of Half Dome from Glacier Point.






1 comment:
Great Pictures!! Looks like you guys had a lot of fun! what great memories!!!
Post a Comment