Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Thinking About Changing

This morning, after the big mommy walk, I sat down at the computer to get some things done.

There were mommy group emails to be sent out.  I'm the self appointed Birthday Coordinator.  This came about because I had a Cupcakes in the Park event to celebrate when LG turned one.  It was originally one of my Picnics in the Park that I regularly host turned into plus cupcakes.  I had said no gifts, but mommies wanted to bring on anyways, so there were gifts also.

Then other moms wanted to add their baby's birthday on the group calendar and it turned into a bit much.  The organizer said no birthday parties are allowed.

Now I feel guilty...

So, once a month I retitled my regular park event to celebrate the birthdays.  It's turning into a lot of work trying to coordinate other people's schedules.

--

Then there were emails that needed to be read from the Room Mom coordinator.   BG volunteered me for that by telling her teacher that I would be room mom without telling me.  I went to the meeting yesterday and there are actually going to be two of us for our classroom.  It really can't be done by one mom and we are both glad to be able to help and get help. 

I'll also be teaching the 4-time a year art class to the kids and going on all the field trips as mandated by BG. 

I did want to be more active this year and it's either help at school or become a Girl Scout leader.

--

Finally a little bit of blogging and the main point of this post.

I'm thinking about switching the blog over to Wordpress.  Mainly because they require an email address when leaving a comment.  All the comments that I get come from <noreply-comment@blogger.com>.  Currently there are three people that I can write back to because I already have their emails.  Hi Michelle, Desi, my sister.  I normally just call Senora Fuerte.

With the mommy group I've suddenly had an increase in readers and I want is to be able to write little thank yous and replies.  I would like to be able to use my iPhone email to get this done and that is less time spent on the computer.  I currently have moments in the day, like while waiting for school to get out or when nursing BG, that I can use my phone to write short emails.  Right now I'm just playing Pocket Frog.

I know some of you use Wordpress and some of you have used both.  Can you give me a little feedback?  

Oh, and thank you.

4 comments:

Simple and Posh Crafts said...

I use Wordpress for my product reviews and Blogger for my blog and prefer Wordpress. Let me know if you switch over and you need any help with it.

Desi said...

Ah, the Mommy stuff. I have to say that being a GS Leader rocks! Tiny is 16 and still scouting. So don't shove that aside.

Sara and AJ said...

how do you know if you have wordpress? I'm kinda computer illiterate sometimes.

Michelle said...

I seem to be doing a lot of dog stuff lately and I'm exhausted from just that. Can't imagine with kids! I used blogger for a couple of years and then switched over to Wordpress and kept it when I went to self-hosted. I like Wordpress better and there is a way that you can set it up to email your posts to it in case you want to blog on the fly. Blogger probably does that too though... Sounds like you need a quiet room and your knitting for a little while! (PS yay for you knowing my email!)