Friday, December 17, 2010

Christmas Cards

Our little fireplace has had some upgrades since the last time I posted a picture of it. 
Garland- I couldn't help myself.  There's glitter in it.  Enough said.  I also picked up a matching wreath for the front door. 

The Picnic Table- You can just see it in the bottom left corner.  I brought it inside to be the "kids table" at Thanksgiving.  LG loves having this table in the house.  The rocking horse has just been moved to by the breakfast bar.

For a few months now, LG has not wanted to sit in her highchair.  I bought the one I bought because it's highchair that can be scooted up to the table with out the tray and then we wouldn't need to buy a booster seat.  I try to seat her that way and eat with her, but that is working less and less.  We get nervous about her sitting in a chair or on the bench.

Now she eats every meal at the picnic table.  Unless I'm at the big table and then she'll want to sit with me.  My solution to that is eating at the picnic table with her.  I'm really glad I put a sturdier seat on the table, but it is just too small for an adult to sit and eat.  We are going to have to come up with something else soon.LG just really wants to be where the family is. 


Finally,

Our Christmas Cards- A friend of mine has this great Fiskevik from Ikea in her house.  She displays her childrens' artwork on it.  I so want one.  I thought it would be perfect for putting the holiday cards up over our empty mantel.  My trip to Ikea got canceled when the family trip to the zoo was canceled.  Since they are both near each other in San Diego. 

Then I thought up this idea and it only cost $0.  I cut strips of ribbon and hung them to the wall with thumb tacks.  I wasn't going for pretty.  Then I hot glued the cards to them. 

I normally have more cards by this time of year?  So if you haven't sent my your card yet, please do.  I have a cool way of displaying it.

-Yes, the stockings are off centered.  Writing this I noticed that the tree has been pushed away from them.  Normally it's in front of the fireplace filling up all that empty space.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

We have only received three or four cards so far but we were chalking it up to the move. Jon still hasn't written ours so I guess I'll have to finish setting up the office/guest room tomorrow so he can get to work on it and we can mail it early next week. Am I on your list? I know I'm constantly asking for your address but.... :-)