Monday, December 6, 2010

The Big Tree

Now that all the rest of you are putting up your Christmas decorations, here is our big tree.  It looks just like it did last year.  You know why?  Because I bought a fake tree.
I don't have anything against going with the real stuff.  Except I don't like dropping that amount of money on something I'm going to throw away two weeks later, and I have to put all the lights on and off, and flocking costs extra, and I have to remember to water it.

I don't have anything against real trees, but my sinuses have a serious issue with them.   At least that is what my allergist told me.
I really love my tree and all it's glittery everything.  There is glitter on the tree, ornaments, floor.  This year I didn't put up any of the glass ornaments.  Even with the child gate up I didn't want to risk one breaking and feet getting cut.  It gave me an excuse to buy more of the 4/$1 glittery snowflakes at Target. 

I found a great wreath for our front door that matches.  It's also fake, so I can reuse it until the color fades.
Sometimes I feel bad for DH having to live in a house fill with all our girlyness.  But then I look at all the glitter and completely forget about him.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Very pretty. I hope to get my tree up sometime next week maybe.There's not a ton of space for one here so we'll see. I tend to avoid glitter like the plague but I did get a couple of decorations with a small amount of glitter on them this year.

Unknown said...

Wow, our trees are almost identical in shape, size AND decor down to the ribbon (except my stuff is gold). Obviously a "great minds" thing!

thanya said...

Hey! I'm all about the fake tree and fake wreath too! And, VERY beautifully decorated might I say. :)