Friday, December 10, 2010

Owl Cowl

I finished the Owl Cowl that I swatched in October, but still need to write up the pattern.  I couldn't wait that long to share the pictures.  
I wasn't sure if I should add buttons for the eyes.  What do you think?

While browsing Ravelry I have seen some knitters add button to just one owl on the sweaters.  I guess if I find some buttons that go perfectly with the yarn I'll add them to one of the owls.  Then the cowl would have a defined front, but it may make it more obvious that it's an owl.
It's nice and cozy; knit in Malabrigo Worsted.  It is a good yarn to keep the cowl from collapsing on itself.  I did notice that it scrunches up in the center where the cables are.  Then lays flat again along the border pattern.  The better to keep you warm I guess.

This blue cowl is a gift that has already been wrapped and delivered, but is local in case I find buttons.  I want to knit another for me in a funner color.  I'm thinking Green Apple.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

I like the one owl getting eyes idea. It's nice when a cowl fits closer in where the coat collar is and flares a little to cover under your chin. It was 12 degrees this morning but I did a cashmere turtleneck instead of cowl.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm sure that Malabrigo is sooo nice and toasty against the neck. Lovely color!

km said...

I like the one owl idea too. It's a great cowl. I do hope you write up the pattern. I'll knit one.

I think a fun color would be good...but man, that blue brings out your eyes.