I really wanted to do something with the popular owl cable, but I didn't like any of the patterns that I saw on Ravelry. So, I'm designing my own. I figure a cowl is a pretty safe project to do this with. It is amazing how much planning needs to go into something as simple as a fat tube of yarn.
I began with my typical cast on random number of stitches and frogged after a couple of rounds. If I'm going to do this, I want to do it right. I'm keeping notes, going to write it up, have the DH turn it into a PDF (cause I don't know how) and then publish it on Ravelry.
This is more of a swatch than a gauge to see how the tall finished product will be. There will be changes, so I'm super glad I did this. I think that I will knit the gauge last in stockinette stitch. I really like the cabling that I chose for the lower body of the cowl. It looks like tree bark. Most of everything else I saw had traditional cables and they just didn't seem to go together to me.
The knitting is coming along at the same rate of speed as any of my other projects. The little bit of extra work to write everything down doesn't seem to fill my day anymore than anything else does. I'm getting extra computer time in with getting the Girl Scouts together, so I'm sure that I can squeeze in pattern writing, too.
I do have to say that I'm browsing websites less, Facebook. I'm almost completely mobile only when reading Facebook. I still stop and read my favorite blogs, but the ones that around for ideas and entertainment get more of a look over at most.
Otherwise, we had a pretty no-productive weekend. There was the first of a long line of Halloween events. It's still raining and with came a fever or two, we're all better now. The rest of the weekend looked a little something like this:
And now it is Monday. So far today I've walked with the class to a field trip, got coffee with the other room mom to finalize any plans for the Halloween party, bought milk, discussed Girl Scout plans, written a draft email, called both BFFs and written a blog post. LG has been very helpful with her nap and lunch times. But that is quickly coming to an end. Good thing we are leaving for school pick-up soon.
2 comments:
The cowl looks interesting. Owls are hard to do in a way that looks adult. Adorable photo of the three of you. At least we all know that you do take a break once in a while!
Y'oughta frame that shot!
Post a Comment