Monday, October 4, 2010

Hometown Fair

This weekend I spent Friday cleaning up the house and packing our bags.  We picked up BG from school and jumped on the freeway for L.A.  There was a slumber party that needed to be attended.  It was also super great that the birthday fell on the same weekend as the Manhattan Beach Hometown Fair.
As a family, we pretty much split up so that everyone could get to do what they wanted.  Saturday, LG and I went to my favorite LYS and spent a couple of hours smelling the yarns and picking out a few skeins that came home with us.  It was perfectly planned so that LG fell asleep as I was walking to the shop and she woke up as I paid.  And yes, I was at the yarn shop that long.  You can see why DH and BG took off to the park to watch the soccer games instead. 

After yarn shopping we walked to the fair.  I picked up some great little thank you notes from Social Butterfly and a pair of dangle earrings.  I can't tell you who made the earrings because I lost the business card.  But they matched my shirt and that is all that really matters.
Sunday the whole group, family and friends, walked to the fair again.  About an hour later I took off again, this time without any children.  I meet up with the knitting group from when I lived here.  I actually got some knitting done.  It was great getting out and not having to take care of someone else.

Everyone had a blast between the various activities and playdates.  LG spent most of her time following our host's dogs, cats, and birds around calling them, "Hi Kitty."  BG came home with a carnival goldfish... also called, "Hi Kitty."  It's super cute.  I came home with yarn that I have already photographed and am about to start writing my next post for Wednesday.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Cute card and earrings. And super cute little girl! Looks like a fun weekend. Can't wait to see your new yarn!