BG is finally getting her own pair of Ernie and Bert mitts from me (rav). I had made some really neat, matching pairs for a brother/sister couple about 2 years ago. She had asked for a pair but never really pushed the issue.
Ernie and Berts are originally suppose to be striped and have some arm length to them. I don't feel liek knitting stripes right now. They are shorter, because that is the way BG wanted them. gotta love a custom knit Since it doesn't get too chilly she doesn't need the extra length and she didn't want the mitts getting in the way while taking on and off her raincoats and sweaters.
She has wore them to school ALL day on Monday and again today. Turns out they don't get in the way of doing your handwriting sheets or math facts.
When I asked her if she was glad to finally get a pair of mitts, BG told me that this is actually her third pair. Then I remembered the pink pair of Victoria Mitts. I couldn't for the life of me remember what green mitts, the third pair, she claimed I had made her. A few minutes later I realized that she was talking about MY green mitts (rav). Just goes to show what is mine is really theirs.
Since I had so much fun showing you a sneak peek in the last post, here is another. The pretty, sparkly tattoo on BG's arm is a preview of what her Halloween costume is going to be. And if that isn't enough of a giveaway, here is some face painting.
Last weekend was the first of a number of Halloween activities that we have planned for the girls. They had face painters, tattoo artist, cookies, but no candy. I guess it was one of those "healthy" events?
I am hoping that I can copy the face painting this weekend. I didn't buy face paint because unless you get the expensive professional stuff, you are not going to have the colors and quality that you want. I picked up a black eyeliner and a set of four purple eyeshadows by CoverGirl. If I can't get the full faced bat to work, then she'll at least have cool eye makeup. We have three more days of events including Halloween, so I'm sure I'll get it right for one of them.
1 comment:
Those mitts are so cute! And totally hip! And great job on the makeup!
Post a Comment