Monday, November 1, 2010

All Dressed Up

I don't usually back-date my blog, but because last week was super busy and this is about a holiday before going into the major holiday season, I'm back-dating.  Since I haven't had time to read about what all of you did for Halloween, I will feel like I never skipped a beat.
You can tell which parent they take after based solely on their smiles.
This Halloween was a bit more work than usual when picking out costumes.

I wanted the girls to be ladybugs, mostly because of the cute tutu and the polka dots.  BG said okay, but she didn't want a puffy costume.  This was also after I got the idea of being a dead bride out of her head.  I don't really like dead things.  Unless it's a good zombie movie.

Then one day BG came home and said she didn't want to be a ladybug.  It's a long story and I don't want to take away from the costumes that we did pick out. 

BG and I went to three different stores to look and see what our costume options were. Then we found the Baterina and Caterina combo for the girls.  I liked that they had tutus and weren't dead.  BG liked that they still had a Halloween feel to them and she liked the purple color because, "Purple is kinda like blue and blue is kinda like turquoise and turquoise is my new favorite color."
BG's final makeup job.  She was gorgeous.
These costumes got a ton of wear with all the Halloween event over the holiday week.  There were three carnivals, two parties, and a dinner before Trick'o Treating.

Both of the girls loved their costumes.  Even LG got excited to get all dressed up when I pulled them out.  I think that she put together that when wearing the costume people gave her candy.  She loves candy.  I think the only thing that disappointed her was that her legs were too little to keep up with her sissy while walking from house to house.  BG went ahead with some of the other 2nd grade girls while LG  hung back with the rest of the babies.  The babies that weren't into Trick'o Treating as much as she was.

In the end, the girls came home with enough candy to fill our Boo box and that seemed like just the right amount.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Both girls are gorgeous. BG is looking just like you!

Wendy Heidbrink said...

Such a fun Halloween! I love reading your blog and the pictures are darling! Give hugs to LG, BG and DH for me! Love you!