I thought that because it is Thanksgiving week I would wait to show you our big Christmas Tree. Because you know, it's Thanksgiving. And Thanksgiving is about eating. You can't eat without a table, well you could. We did for 6 years in LA. But it's so neat to have a real table that everyone can sit at for the holidays this year.
Here's our table. Seating for 7 adults and LG . BG and her two cousins were at the picnic table that I brought inside.
Yeah, I know. That is Santa Claus in the middle of my table.
I have a confession to make, I don't have any Thanksgiving decorations. Maybe that is why I put up the Christmas stuff so early. Because I'm loving the season and all I've got is Christmas stuff?
I'm lucky I even have the Christmas stuff. When we were in LA we had one of those table top sized trees that we used on a side table 'cause our coffee table was for dining. I didn't decorate anything else. (BG asked me where we hung our stockings in LA and I told her we didn't.) Now that we have space, I really enjoy filling it.
I've received a few items as gifts over the years, most of which I didn't care for. I picked up some ornaments that I loved which had been discounted the day after Christmas a few years ago. Last year was the first year I got to buy my very own big tree and I had a ton of fun decorating it. I picked up a few other things, like stocking holders for the fireplace. This year there has been a bit more shopping. I figure I should at least get a good sized Christmas arsenal before I start buying for any other holidays.
Back to the table. I really wanted these turkeys from Pottery Barn, but have nothing to go with them. I was thinking that since I already put up the little tree and it's right next to the table, I needed to match the tree. So red placemats it is. Red is a Thanksgiving color, right? The little Santa was a gift I received from my MIL years ago. He fit perfectly on my skinny table.
I didn't totally miss the Thanksgiving holiday. I found these great Turkey paper plates. They make me laugh.
1 comment:
Cute table. The Pottery Barn turkeys aren't too bad and look small enough to store easily. We've decided to forgo getting a big tree again this year but I have a Martha Stewart project already picked out for a new "tree". :-)
Post a Comment