Gunnery area of the USS Midway
The USS Midway is not boring. I learned that they average 3000 visitors a day and are constantly changing up there displays and demonstration speeches. There are even simulator rides. We only toured the Hanger and Flight Decks, skipping the lower decks with all the living area displays. We just didn't have time to see everything. I'm told that the lower decks are what the kids really love. Now I feel like I should of taken BG out of school. I'm going to have to take her on another day. LG tampering with the "safety equipment." We got in trouble when she pulled it off the fence.
In all I would recommend swinging by if you like Navy stuff and are in the San Diego area. I'll definitely be going back. I even picked up gifts in the souvenir shop. A USS Midway hat for my dad and a little surprise for Nimitz. (The USS Nimitz is also docked at North Island.)Another extra to the day was that the Carnival Splendor was docked right next door. That's the cruise ship that was stranded off the Mexican coast after an engine fire. There were news trucks but no other exciting activities. Just cool that we got to see it.
1 comment:
I told Nimitz that a gift was coming for him. He put his head down and went back to sleep. ;-)
Post a Comment