The day before Halloween we went to the local pumpkin patch and picked out our carving pumpkins. This place was filled with fun and we got 4 pumpkins of assorted sizes for $11.50. Best price on pumpkins around, though we did drive over half an hour to get there.
Our first stop was the petting corral and this was the best one that I have ever been to. The animals were very tame. They didn't bite your fingers or try to nibble your clothes. They would steal your paper bag of feed it you put too close to their mouths. Animals. I think that because these guys don't get packed up and moved around the stare with the traveling carnival or state fair, it makes a huge different.
They were so sweet that LG could feed them one corn kernel at a time. Believe it or not we discovered this while feeding the larger animals not in the petting corral. LG wanted to bring home a goat, but would settle for a sheep, pony, or llama. She didn't want a chicken.
BG would like to put in her formal request for a pet bunny at this time. Oh the bunnies. So sweet and so soft. I think BG held one of them for 10 minutes and the bunny just slept in her arms. The cool thing about a bunny is that they will always feel as soft and cuddly and the day they were born.
We lost our way in the straw maze. BG and I ran around trying to find the 8 stamps for our scavenger hunt while LG just ran. I've never been in a straw maze, but they are really fun. To be honest I think that it is the kids that make it fun.
Finally DH took the girls into the patch to pick out some pumpkins. There were some incredibly giant pumpkins. A friends of LG's took home a 124lb mammoth when they went to the patch. (Then they carved it out and put their daughter inside. I'm glad her dad's name isn't Peter or she may have stayed there.)
LG had a tough time picking out the perfect pumpkin, but finally found it.
I can't wait to see what this place doesn't at Christmas time.






1 comment:
Looks like a fun day. It's been at least 6 years since we've been home on Halloween or lived someplace we could do a pumpkin and I'm missing it. Hopefully next year since we can make a Cylon one!
Post a Comment