Here is the end result of trying to make a pair of Fingerless Mittens for the Ravelympics. Those gloves became something entirely different and there two balls of yarn that needed to be made into something. Haley was the little girl to get a new pair of fingerless mittens.
They are completely loved and she insisted on wearing these to school yesterday morning. Its not very chilling in the mornings, but you can tell that fall is coming. This morning was very foggy, so I bet Dad had to hunt for them so they may go to school again.
I like them because they match her Koolhaas and winter jacket. I have leftover yarn from both the mittens and the Koolhaas. So, I am trying to figure out how I would make a matching scarf. Then she'll be super coordinated.
They are completely loved and she insisted on wearing these to school yesterday morning. Its not very chilling in the mornings, but you can tell that fall is coming. This morning was very foggy, so I bet Dad had to hunt for them so they may go to school again.
I like them because they match her Koolhaas and winter jacket. I have leftover yarn from both the mittens and the Koolhaas. So, I am trying to figure out how I would make a matching scarf. Then she'll be super coordinated.The only thing that stinks is that I have to label all of her stuff. The Lost and Found gets pretty full at the school, but if you label your stuff, it has a small chance of coming back to you. I don't want to use the iron on labels. I'm thinking about sewing a little piece of cotton tape into them.

Pattern: Victoria Fingerless Mittens by Louisa Harding
Heavily Modified for Children's Size
Source: Knitting Little Luxuries
Yarn: Louisa Harding Grace 50/50 Wool and Silk in #1 and #4
Source: Knitting Little Luxuries
Yarn: Louisa Harding Grace 50/50 Wool and Silk in #1 and #4
In the meantime, I have already been commissioned to make two more pairs of these by Sunday.
3 comments:
Very cute!
Gorgeous!!! please pop over to my blog and grab your award:)Hugs Darcy
Lovely! I think it's funny that you've already signed up to make two more pairs. But people know a good pattern when they see it!
Post a Comment