Originally I was going to make the Victorian Fingerless Mittens, remember the swatch? Well, I got started on the first mitten and decided that I really didn't like the striping. But I wouldn't have enough yarn to make the full sized mittens out of one color. I searched Ravelry and found someone that used the same yarn and wrote that she only used 1.15 balls of yarn. hmmm. I wonder if I don't do all the ribbing if I'll have enough yarn. Turns out I didn't.Once I frogged it, I figured I would have to use the only pattern that I can think of that I knew I'd be able to make mittens from. Enter the Fetchings. I barely had enough yarn to make these. Even though I had 10 yarns more than the recommended Cashmerino Aran.
Pattern: Fetchings by Cheryl Niamath
From: Knitty.com, Summer 2006
Yarn: Louisa Harding Grace 50/50 Wool/Silk, in Teal
Yarn: Louisa Harding Grace 50/50 Wool/Silk, in Teal
Well, they weren't what I set out to get in the beginning, but they are still beautiful. I think that they'll be the first finished Christmas present for the year. I'm not going to say who they are for. though. I have family members that read this. They will make a lovely present though.
As for the other two balls of the pink and white yarn. Well, I am still making the Victorian Fingerless Mittens. They are just going to be a mini version for Haley. Cause she is completely cool with having pink and white striped mittens.
As for the other two balls of the pink and white yarn. Well, I am still making the Victorian Fingerless Mittens. They are just going to be a mini version for Haley. Cause she is completely cool with having pink and white striped mittens.
2 comments:
Your so creative, I am so jealous.
Yummy love the color.Hugs Darcy
Post a Comment