Friday, August 15, 2008

101 Things To Do In 1001 Days

Here is my list of 101 Things To Do In 1001 Days.

I tried to keep it from becoming a "ToDo" list, cause I already know the stuff I need to do. I tried to keep it fun. I picked out things I have never done, or at least not since I turned 18. Stuff I have always wanted to do. Things to make my family's life better and make others feel good.


Because...
...I Love My Husband

1. Go on a date with my husband twice a month
2. Go to lunch with my husband twice a month
3. Take a picture of us every month
4. Spend a night at a B&B
5. Write a love letter
6. Go star gazing on the beach
...I'm a Mom
7. Go to an educational place with Haley once a month
8. Have baby #2!
9. Get up early to get good seats at a parade
10. Go to the library once a month
11. Do something out of the family magazines once a month
12. Introduce Haley to three family members she's never me
...it's Good for Me
13. Read one book a month
14. Eat salad for lunch three days a week
15. Walk two hours a week work up to five + hours a week
16. Lose 2lb in fat, gain 5lb in muscles
17. Take a yoga/palates class
18. Take a spinning (the bicycle type) class
19. Go church every Sunday for three months
...it's Good for Others
20. Give blood
21. Send a package to Any Soldier each Christmas
22. Volunteer (Kindergarten every Friday That is enough volunteering for a lifetime)
23. Read to the elderly/sick
24. Do a walk for charity
25. Write a thank you note to one of my high school teachers
...I have Friends and Family
26. Call everyone on my "Weekend Minutes" list every weekend
27. Write 10 handwritten letters
28. Plan a surprise party
29. Give 10 "just because" gifts
30. Remember and acknowledge the birthdays and anniversaries of friends and family
31. Send 10 cards in the mail just because
...I'm Non-Crafty and Yet I Knit
32. Stash down to zero and keep it down
33. Learn to Knit Continental Style
34. Learn three new things in knitting that I've never done (- knitting with both hands at the same time -intarsa)
35. Teach 10 people to knit (1/10 - Charlotte, )
36. Make a scrapbook
37. Take a dance class
38. Learn to crochet well -- enough
39. Meet a famous knitter
40. Build a birdhouse/feeder
41. Make a quilt
42. Draw a self portrait (compare it too my age 14 and age 19 self portraits)
43. Finish the cross stitch I started in 1996 and frame it
...I Want to go Somewhere Once in a While
44. Visit a winery
45. Go to Missouri to see Kelly (she stayed in Idaho. Go there instead.)
46. Take a tour of Los Angeles
47. Visit my mom's grave
48. Go to Nebraska to visit Wendi and Debbie
49. Go to Idaho to visit family
50. Go to Catalina
...I Like Stuff that Taste Good
51. Cook one new meal a week
52. Bake a cake from scratch
53. Bake a cheesecake from scratch
54. Take a cooking class
55. Try six new restaurants each year This one is soooo easy
...I Haven't and it Could be Fun
56. Identify 100 things that make me happy
57. 100 Facts about me
58. Identify 25 things I like about myself
59. Publish something ( letter to editor, photo, story, poem, etc)
60. Go to a book signing
61. Take a photography class
62. Watch 10 sunrises
63. Have a picnic once a month
64. Write and illustrate a children's story
65. Host a game night
66. Create a time capsule to open when I'm 50
67. Go on a ghost tour
68. Go to a family reunion
69. Go camping
70. Own a little black dress
71. Walk in one of the local 10Ks
72. Learn to ride a bike again...need to buy the bike
73. Take my MIL to the Pantages theater
74. Take my Dad to a USC game (Okay, Dad took me, but it still counts)
75. Write a short story
76. Color some of my hair pink
77. Go to a dog show
78. Solve a Rubik's cube
79. Start a fire without using man made tools
...I Should
80. Stick to my chores each week
81. Plant a tree
82. One day a week, leave the TV off
83. Spend a weekend without tv/internet once every other month
84. Get a puppy or a kitten or both
85. Don't use paper towels - did this for a little while
86. Learn Spanish
87. Read the Bible
88. Have a girls night out regularly
89. Go for a hike each month for the spring/summer months
90. Host Thanksgiving/Christmas dinner for the whole family (Thanksgiving 2008)
91. Have a maid come in twice a year
92. Buy a House
93. Have a garden that isn't kinda dead
94. Learn how to meditate bought a book for Dummies
95. Go to the Farmers market regularly
96. Pack a lunch for work for a week, make it a habit
97. Buy flowers for the house once a month
98. Do 101 sit ups/crunches every morning
99. Take a class at the community college
100. Write a letter to my state representative
101. Write an autobiography


Put $1 in a jar for each completed task (point system for the weekly stuff) joint with $0.25 a day for 1001 days. Do something really fun with it when I'm done. End date May 13, 2011.

What made me laugh out of all the other lists
I read. There were a lot of learn to knit and go to the dentist. That's almost all I do.

3 comments:

Caffeinated Weka said...

When I started explaining the 101 challenge to someone, she replied "I have enough to do without making my list longer". I agreed, but I sooooo don't see this as being part of my everlasting 'to do' list. It's a wonderful journey towards self-fulfillment and so far it has been incredibly satisfying. All the best with achieving your goals!

Anonymous said...

I have never heard of this before, but I read the Susie Q articles you had on this post and it is a very wonderful idea. I think I shall join you in this endeavor and at 61 I think it is 'high' time I did something for myself that is uplifting and long lasting.
Starting my list this week-end......
Love ya,
Mel

Marsha said...

Go Go Mel! That's fantastic, and I'm going to do this too! Came across this from Ravelry btw.