Monday, August 4, 2008

Another Busy Weekend

We had another busy weekend that will need to be broken up into different posts in order to get it all in. And it started off with a bang. Quite literally. Into the side of my car.

Friday morning laundry revealed that my favorite trousers were coming apart at the seams along the butt. That meant I needed to squeeze in a trip to the mall before heading down to Orange County for the weekend. It's hot there and I didn't want to have to wear jeans.
So, in the mall parking lot, as I was looking for a spot, I was backed into. The guy wasn't paying attention. He said he was thinking about something else and didn't see me in my honking huge SUV. Darn it.

Well, now I have to get new trousers, bermuda shorts, three new tanks and a new shirt. I had a 40% off coupon and a $50 gift certificate. I got $200 worth of stuff for $77. Not bad for shopping therapy.

That evening the family was off to Disneyland for the weekend. I opted out of the family crazy running around a theme park. I needed a little "me" time. I got a massage, ate salad and wine for dinner and then had dessert. It was so nice.

2 comments:

Victory said...

Yikes! What a way to start a weekend! I hope your car gets better soon.

Love you!

Shawna said...

ack! that sucks:o/ atleast you got in a little retail therapy;o)