Friday, August 15, 2008

Inspiration

I have something to show you.Did you see it?

Here they're on the other hand, too.Did you notice that time? No, it's not my funky knuckles.

I'll show you both hands.You can't see it?

I guess maybe you have to of known me for the last 30 years. I'll show you a close up.They are fingernails. I actually have fingernails. I haven't had nails for, like, my entire life. I'm not ashamed to admit that I was a nail biter. But I'm so proud of the fact that I have finally stopped. I've had these nails since May 16th. That is the longest I have ever gone without biting all of my nails off. EVER. Three whole months.

Now you may wonder how I stopped and how I have an exact date to when I stopped biting my nails. And obviously I didn't go into a body cast that day. Though you may think that with the few knitting posts I have written.

You see, I'm a rather competitive person. Especially when it comes to my older sister. My beautiful older sister that has always had lovely long nails for as long as I can remember. You see, she was coming to visit me over the Memorial Day weekend and I just had show off the pretty, cute home, big TV, Pottery Barn, beach living, no nail biting life I lead. (The lies we tell).

Well, somewhere around the beginning of May I decided that I needed to grow my nails out. And there they were a week before my sister was coming to visit. I had to wait for so long before I could bite them again, that they actually got a little stronger. I've actually have stopped biting my nails. I file them weekly to keep them looking nice. I absolutely love it.

So how did I stop biting my nails? Pride and Stubbornness. Whatever works for ya, right?

So how does that inspire me? I've saw this on other blogs and decided that if I could stop being a nail biter, imagine all the other good habits I could start. The things I could do. I've decided to make my own 101 in 1001 list. It'll get it's own post though. See you around.

1 comment:

Victory said...

Your nails look lovely! Now they match the rest of way-too-well-put-together you.

I'm keeping my nails short these days (ever since starting pottery). Maybe someday I'll have pretty hands again. Or maybe they'll be so gnarled from dishwater & arthritis that...sigh...oh well.

Good job on beating an old habit. Your list of 101 in 1001 is very inspiring to me. I may rip off a few.