Friday, August 22, 2008

Friday Regulars

Every Friday I change Haley's Quote of the Week. I figure this is a way to get me to post at least once a week, also. I just realized that it is so late in the day and I haven't made my way over to the computer yet.

We had company over today and I've been neglecting my floors for a while now, so there was major cleaning going on this morning. Followed by a snack and an hour nap. Our company has come and gone and I'm trying to get this done before our 4 o'clock playdate.

With finishing the Swallowtail, thanks for all the comments, I kinda am over the Ravelympics, but still have one more project to finish. So, here is what I am hoping the rest of my weekend will get to look like. A basket filled with yarn, a book I need to finish, my computer, and the PTA sign up sheet.

Last night was Kindergarden orientation. It should be a fun year. They pretty much told us nothing. We won't know who her teacher is until next Friday after everyone goes home. Just in time for school to start right after Labor Day. But we got to look at the room and know that we aren't allowed to let our kids cross the street by themselves. I let them know that I am willing to volunteer two Friday mornings a month. It should be fun, I hope (fingers crossed).

Here's a quickie of Haley. We set up her pop-up playhouse outside. It's complete with "carpeting" and furniture, tea set and even reading material. Too bad the kids only played in it for five minutes. I'm thinking about leaving it out for the whole weekend. It may give me more time to work on my knitting.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If I had a playhouse like that when I was little, my mom would've had to pull me out every single day! How cute.

Anonymous said...

Oh Haley, I love your playhouse!
When Grammie comes over, can I play in it with you and we can read our books inside this nice room? I like your pink chair too!
Love you, Grammie