Friday, September 5, 2008

Monkey Socks II

Golly, is Haley on lucky kid. I knit her all sorts of things, but she doesn't want to wear them. I knit something for myself, and she steals it out of my closet. At least that is what happens to my hats and scarves. I have found that the one thing she does love are socks.

Pattern: Monkey Socks by Cookie A. (No Purls)
Source: Knitty.com, Winter 2006
Yarn: Body- Lisa Souza's Sock! Merino in What A Melon
Cuff/Heel/Toe- Rio De La Playa Sock Solid in Slate Rose


These are going to be kept away until Christmas. There is a matching pair already on the needles, but I'm not going to say who they are for. With all of this Christmas knitting getting started, I have to be careful about how much I put on the blog.

There is other exciting news about Haley. Yesterday was her first day of Kindergarten.She was pretty excited about it. In fact, she's been waiting to go to Kindergarten for about a year. Then, this morning, she asked it she would be starting First grade next week. Whoa, Haley. We gotta get through the first Hooked on Phonics box at least.

5 comments:

Darcys Knotty Knitter said...

The socks are gorgeous I love the colorway:)Haley looks so pretty and very excitted.Alora has had 2 days of preschool both times she tried to hide from me because she doesnt want to leave when the 3 hours is over.lol Hugs Darcy

Shawna said...

aw...did you cry?;o) i did on the way back from dropping my son off. he can't wait to get older, he's obsessed with it!

km said...

6 has a friend that's in 3rd grade. He keeps wondering when he'll catch up. We don't want them to grow up too fast.

When you read The Other Boleyn Girl, did you then see the film? I didn't, but a bunch of friends read the book together and then watched the movie on a girls night out. It was right at a time when I was barely keeping my head above water...but maybe I should add it to my list.

Anonymous said...

Awww, how cute is she! And those socks are adorable.

Anonymous said...

Such cute socks but an even cuter girl!!