First, things first. Thank you, sister. Mud Blossom, whom also happens to be my sister, had a contest a while ago about being Green and what you are doing to conserve energy. I won the drawing and my prize is a handmade grocery bag. There were a ton of goodies is the package, too. Some of it was coming to my regardless, so I guess she saved on postage by having me win.
Yes, those are black hard licorice candies that I opened, ripping the bag nearly in half, before I could even get a picture taken. There are the regular chocolate yummies and cookies. mmmm.
The bag itself is very nice and large. I found a strange child to model it for you. Well, I guess she's not any stranger than I am. Today she just happens to be an angel, and this bag is huge. Not really a bag for carrying milk, but great for boxed cereals and trips to Costco.
My sister even crocheted a blue chicken on it. How sweet, she knows I like blue chickens.One of the things my sister does is that stamping, scrapbooking stuff. She makes really pretty cards. In fact, she is having another contest for someone to win these same cards. I like the butterfly ones, almost as much as I like blue chickens.
Some of the other things that came in the mail are family heirlooms. These are my Nana's knitting needles. An assortment of 14" metal needles ranging from size 1 to 15 and a set of 10" size 8's. I'm pretty excited about these. When I first started knitting, I didn't like the metal needles because my yarn kept slipping off the end. Now, I've learned that they are a must for some fibers.
Plus, they were Nana's. I think that my favorite thing about these needle is that Nana's last name is scotched taped to one of the needles. Some of the others have the sticky residue from where the tape was torn off. How jealous am I that Nana had so many knitting buddies that she had to label her needles to make sure that they all came home with her?My other heirlooms are some old Roger Tory Peterson Field Guides. These belong to my Birth Mother.
She had a large collection of these guides and my sister and I have split the collection in half. A few more showed up while my Dad was cleaning out an old storage unit, so here is my half. They are really neat little books. I'm still waiting for the spider one to show up. As arachnophobic as I am, I would really like to know which ones of those little critters are safe and which will kill me in a matter of moments.
2 comments:
Those knitting needles are so pretty fanned out like that!
I love the blue chicken so totally cute:)Hugs Darcy
Post a Comment