Monday, September 29, 2008

Enhancement

My vacation started on Thursday, and I've been knitting, kinda. The husband has to be out of town for work. He couldn't change it because it has to do with having test planes available and what not. Besides, Haley just started Kindergarten and the last thing we want is for her to lose a week of school right after it started. So, I am at home knitting, kinda.

What have I accomplished on my vacation so far:

-Finish playing Lego Indiana Jones Wii 100%. I had to play the game over. The first time I bet it, the game wouldn't register one of my treasures and wouldn't give me 100%. Turns out that the game rains money when you win.

-Finish playing Lego Star Wars DS 100%. I'm at 81.7 % right now. But I have all the levels played 100% and have gotten the X 10 Extra, so it is just a matter of getting enough coin and buying all the other extras and characters. If that means anything to any of you.

-Organized my Queue. I found the organize tag on my Ravelry Queue. I think that it has been there for a couple of weeks. But I just found it. I was always putting my queue in a new order when I added stuff to have all the socks, sweaters, whatever together. Now all I have to go is tag the new queues and it goes into it's folder. Love this feature. But I'll probably still keep changing the order when I add stuff.

-Knit and Delivered the Fingerless Mittens for Tina. (See previous post).

The things that I still need to accomplish with my time off:

-Clean the bathtub chalk, replacing some of it. And other deep cleanings of the main bathroom. Oh yeah, get started with the dirty stuff.

-Go to the Laundromat to clean the comforters that don't fit in our washer. This will be a good time to get some knitting or reading done. Or maybe both.

-Clean the garage and take our recliner to Goodwill. This will take all of an hour. If there is one place in my life that is really organized, it's the garage.

-Get a TB Test. Required by our school district in order to volunteer. I was allowed to help on Friday without the test yet. Kindergarten teachers are crazy. That was an insane day. Of course, it was also Johnny Appleseed Day and there were lots of extra activities. Hence why they needed volunteers.

-Finish a project started in Haley's room. I'll have to past about this once it is actually done. Let's just say it has something to do with wallpaper.

-Clean the carpets.

-Go to the "haunted wedding" on the Queen Mary, the Hometown Fair, The USC game, and Bakersfield for a couple of days.

-Oh yeah, read my book and finish all of my WIPs. There is the Wallis Cardigan, Firestarter socks, Monkey socks III, and the Lace-Edged Blanket.

It should be a fun vacation. All of these things are to "enhance" our home and basic happiness. But there is some yummy yarn enhancement, too.

Haley's school colors are red and white. Every Friday is wear red day. So, of course, I just absolutely must make us some red socks, too. I picked up three skeins of ShiBui Sock Merino in Chinese Red. I had actually gone into my LYSs to look for solid true red sock yarn. Nothing locally. I did find some in Bakersfield, but I didn't pick it up. I couldn't decide if I wanted the Cascade Sock yarn at the LYS or the ShiBui that I had found online. Once I got back home, I stopped by the LYS on my lunch break to "just hang out and knit." We do that a lot. There are two LYSs within 5 minutes walk of our work. It was then that I saw new stock. They had started carrying ShiBui Sock Merino and they had my red.

Since I already had my checkbook out, I picked up some yarn for Christmas knitting, also. This is some Twist Organic Cotton. It's natural, undyed. I'd tell you what I am making, but I'll wait until the FO. It's is gift knitting, but it was asked for also. When it comes to me and giving knitting, they pretty much know what they are getting before I ever cast on. This keeps me from making unwanted knits.

I also had a Barnes & Nobles gift certificate from my birthday. I finally used it and picked up a couple of knitting books. Cables and Arans and Holiday Knits. I'll be using the Cables and Arans to design a hat for a gift. I can't put it into my Ravelry library though. Can't find it in their inventory. It says that I can add a book. But there are enough hoops to jump through, that I can't figure it out. It's much easier to add a pattern or yarn into the inventory. The other, Holiday Knits (Rav link), I just wanted that one. It's such a pretty book. I'm sure that I'll make some of the ornaments, a stocking or two. And there is a kids' hat in there that is just the cutest, ever. There is a cute little snowman, too.

But I can't have any fun with all of my new stuff until I get my big list of stuff done. That's the rule. I'm thinking that I'll call it motivation, but really it is a rule.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're going to be crazy busy! Did I tell you I got Lego Batman? Maybe I need to get some of the Lego games for my DS so I don't get the Lego itch after Batman. :-)

Vanessa said...

You're not supposed to clean bathrooms on vacation! I hope all the icky cleaning stuff gets done first and that you have lots of uninterrupted and guiltless knitting.