(Warning, this post is extremely late, sorry 'bout that. I actually started writing this while still visiting my sister, but a long drive home and a busy week have delayed me from blogging.)
I wandered into San Fransisco with my sister, two nephews and daughter. Then I dragged them to ImagiKnit. That is where I found this...
This is the room that is 50% or more animal fiber.
Then there was the room that is 50% or less animal fiber, but mostly fur free. I couldn't hardly believe my eyes.
The walls were massive. I'm 5'7" and didn't even bother trying to reach the top shelf. There was so much yarn I didn't even know where to start. That was until I say that they carried Louisa Harding yarns. I've been looking for some to start working on the patterns in her new book.Everyone in the shop was absolutely wonderful. They helped me find everything that I was looking for, found a copy of my books so I could look up my yarn recommendations, even called another shop that carries something that they don't. They even let me charge my camera battery because I forgot to the night before. I definately recommend checking this place out if you are ever in the area.
The next day we made our way to Article Pract. I just happened to forget to take any pictures at all. It was a bit more like your usually LYS. Very cozy though. I found another Louisa Harding yarn and was set as far as my yarn budget was concerned. It was a fun drive through Berkley over to Oakland to check this place out.
All in all, I walked away with three balls of Louisa Harding Grace in cream, pink and teal. One ball skein of Joseph Galler Inca Cotton. And five balls of Louisa Harding Cinnabar in the "straw" color. Now all I need to do is finish the stuff I am already working on.
No comments:
Post a Comment