Monday, February 18, 2008

Mike's Progress

You remember my BIL Mike? I taught him to knit two weeks before Christmas at Disneyland. Well, I just got this in my inbox keeping me up on his knitting progress. Just listen to him and then look at how impressed I am that he is only on his second and third projects ever. I love the way he talks about kniting and the fact that he is already on multiple WIPs. I just have to keep telling myself that he is going to school to become a physicist.

Mike's email:

My two current projects, started them both a few days ago, yes, your eyes dont decieve you, Im cabling in the second! woot! The first one was my attempt to get better at keeping track of my stitches, becoming more comfortable with counting stitches, reworking, purling, transitioning, and casting on/off mid project ^_^ Its also freeform knitting based very loosely on another project with my own twist.



Photobucket




Photobucket




Photobucket




In the end, I believe I have created a monster.

2 comments:

Senora Fuerte said...

For Heaven's sake, Krissy! And here I thought YOU were the most ambitious new knitter ever!! This guy is a natural.

"IT'S ALIIIIIIVE!!"

Connie said...

I think you have, Krissy, created a monster :) That's great! I've tried creating monsters too, but my efforts always fail :(

He's in grad school to become a physicist? Tell him that he can knit in colloquia :)