I've been wanting to change the layout for my blog and have been working on some samples for a while. I was going to do this for my first blogivarsary, but that didn't happen. So, here is my excuse to finally have a giveaway. I've made it three whole decades and still have all my toes and fingers.
So here is the deal, you get to pick my new background. Each of them have two sidebars that I plan on filling up with cool stuff. It's just too much work to fill in all those widgets for three blogs that aren't going to be picked. So they are a little plain, but you can get where they are going and how cool they would be. Here are the choices:
So here is the deal, you get to pick my new background. Each of them have two sidebars that I plan on filling up with cool stuff. It's just too much work to fill in all those widgets for three blogs that aren't going to be picked. So they are a little plain, but you can get where they are going and how cool they would be. Here are the choices:
- Template I The Chicken - I was trying to go for something to show off my blue chicken. I feel like that is what makes me recognizable (do you see it over there, on the left?). I've actually received a lot of emails wondering where that chicken came from. I believe it's Kool-Aid.
- Template II The Sheep - Keeping to the classic. These have the sheep that range freely. A picture that I stole from one of my sister's friends' trip to England.
- Template III Blue/Grey - This one is neat because the two sidebars are on the same side. It's cool and simple.
- Template IV The Flower- Oh, and here is the two bars on the one side in white with a flower. It goes a little more with the pink and blue colored chicken theme.
The yarn is one skein of Malabrigo Lace in Cuarenta and cute little stitchmarkers by YouAndMeAndBead.If you don't knit, please still vote I will give you an alternative prize.
Well, all you need to do is leave a comment telling me which background is your favorite. Don't forget to say who you are so that I can tell that it is you. Leave a link to your blog if you have one. The background with the most votes wins.
Then check back on July 31st to see the winning background and if you won. The winner will be randomly picked out of the comments regardless of vote.
26 comments:
I'm totally blowing the rules. I'd like a combo of #1 and #4. I like the blue chick header in #1, but I really like the drop shadows around the sidebars on #4. I'm not sure how you do all that, but there's my pick. Shall we call that #5.
I like #3 best, I think, and happy birthday!
Hi Krissy,
I like template II "The Sheep". For the belated happy birthday!
the blue chick is your logo.
i say keep it. it makes me curious and i think that's really an important aspect to successful blogging-
and i like the layout of #3...it's inviting...makes me want to read on...
and i like the 'in your face' wide screen chick photo in #1.
...not much help, am i?
Krissy, A very Happy 30th Birthday to you. May this is your year of major achievements and may God bless you many times over...
I like the flower and the sheep..The sheep is peaceful and the flower is like upbeat and alive colors..
Aunt Mary in God's God of Alaska
Happy Birthday! I thought 30 was a nice birthday. :-) I do like the blue chicken logo, but I kind of like the color of template 2. I suppose if push came to shove, I'd got with template 1 though.
happy birthday again and thanks for offering a fun contest! i like #4:o)
HI, Happy Birthday, you can stay 30 for more than 3 years, I've been 25 for about 12 years now :) I love #1 and 4 mixed. I love your title with a blue chick, that makes me laugh. Very cute!
sheep! i love sheep!
Well, Haley's gramma Melanie likes the little "blue" chicken (because, you know I love any kind of birdies!) So, the blue chicken has my vote!
Great to hear from you, see your blog and get to wish you Happy Birthday. I love the sheep. I misread your email address, thought it was freerangekitten, which I rather like since I'm the cat lady.
Krissy, I def....love the blue chicken, and after all you are the free range CHICK it fits your blog name. Maybe there could be a way too inner twine the chick and the sheep. But I defanitley like the layout and the color of test template 1 which is the chick......any who...
HUGS.
I'm SOOOOOOOOO sorry! I totally blanked on calling you to say happy birthday! Wow. I'm a bad, bad sister. I hope you had a happy one. Love you!
Oh, I like the chick template (#1)
Happy Birthday!! My favorite is Template #1 :)
I totally love the flower one ^_^ the beautiful simplicity of it reminds me of your fashion sense ;-).
I like the first one.
Krissy I didn't know it was your birthday! Happy Birthday! I almost didn't get your message because it filed itself in my spam folder. I love your twin bears. Totally adorable. But as for voting on a layout. I have to say I love layout #1. It's such a cute picture. Talk to you soon...hopefully!
I vote for number 1. Clean. Simple. Big chicken.
Krissie,
I love the templet #2 the sheep scenery the best!
Tina
I'm sure it is way too late, but I like #1. I love the blue chick and the pink jacket.
I like Template II. It has a nice flow for a web site. Content is easy to read, colors are nice and easy on the eyes, and its kinda classy. Its also the same theme you have now, just wider, and I like it.
I vote Template IV. The flower template is very clean, simple and easy on the eyes. Now find a poem to compliment it.
Where the passion flower grows
Lay down on your pillow
and turn the lights down low
let me take you to the garden
where the passion flower grows
Close your eyes and enter dreams
as love's emotion sets the scene
and flitters through the garden
where the passion flower grows
Touch the tender petals
of the flower as she grows
a tentative endeavour
as your feelings overflow
Let me draw you to the place
where ecstasy can be embraced
the beauty of the garden
where the passion flower grows
Feel your mind exploding
in the heavy scented air
experience the shiver
as your captured unaware
A little touch of heaven
where imagination flows
the valley in the garden
where the passion flower grows.
Charles M. Moore
Hi Krissy Girl!
I really like template II, "the sheep" the best. It is clean and professional looking, and the colors give it such a great warmth. The text looks great on the background as well.
The best part to me it the header pic with the sheep that your sissie took.
I guess I am looking at it from a designer's eye, but that one grabbed my attention right away.
Happy templating!
Marcy
Krissi - I like the blue chick the best - going to have to give knitting another try!
Love you,
Aunt Wendy
I love the Chicken!
Happy Birthday!!! I like #1 but if you were to want to blend 2 templates together I would say #1 & #3 might look kewl:)Hugs Darcy/knottyknitter40
Post a Comment