Monday, July 28, 2008

Sweet Lemons!

I got my dishcloth swap package on Saturday. And boy does Bridget have this swap thing in the bag. Really. I love my package and all of the bright colors in it. It is nice having something in the house that isn't pink. It's a lemon/lime/orange theme complete with lots of lemony treats. Haley keeps begging me for a Lemonhead, but I know as soon as I give her one, she'll go running for the trash can. I couldn't waste a Lemonhead like that. She's also already tried to steal the bag. I had to chase her down to get it back. Bridget made me a washcloth set. The green and white yarn was hand dyed by herself. It looks like she used teenie tiny size two or three needles to make the yellow and orange dishcloth. I think Bridget is the most wonderful person.There were some fun little items, too. A nail file with sheep, I promise not to use it to sharpen any of my bamboo needles. Yummy smelling lavender soap in a yarn mold. It's from one of her local farms and is made from goat's milk. And the "Eat Cheese Or Die" button. I think that was my motto when I was pregnant.

Now I hate to admit it, but it seems that Bridget is from Wisconsin. That would be California's arch nemesis in the cheese making world. Okay, really, California can't even try to make as much cheese as Wisconsin both in quantity or variety. But our cow commercials are pretty funny ;);)The rest of the goodies were some Lemon Cake, ingenious to send cake, Lemon Tea on the Go, and two balls of 100% cotton by Garnstudio from Norway. Her LYS is one of the few US shops that carries it.

Bridget -- Thank you, thank you , thank you so much. I love it.

Five minutes later.......

I just noticed that every shot has the pink yarn in it. I guess in our house we just can't get away from it. We are just too girly. And I do love pink.

1 comment:

km said...

What a wonderful swap. I love lemon things too. Right now, a favorite of mine is the Yoplait Thick&Creamy Lemon Cream Pie. It feels luxurious and I'm not sinning with the calorie count.