Each hat and wristwarmer is wrapped together. I thought I would try to get a little creative with the packaging! I was shooting for an older look, before the USPS got all stuffy with there package requirements. All of these then went into a perfectly sized toothbrush box with a couple of toothbrushes, too. One of the nice things about working in a dental office is that you can always find the perfect sized box for anything.
Here are all of the finished projects. The picture is blurry, but seeing that everything is on a truck somewhere between Hollywood and Mojave (judging from the postmarks), it will have to due. My nephew has the Swell hat and the red warmers, my B has the striped hat and the black warmers, and my SIL has the green set. Even though it was the first day of Spring that these were finally mailed out, they should get some use out of them this year. It's cold where they live.
Patterns and Sources:
Green Hat - Emilie Hat by Louisa Harding, Knitting Little Luxuries
Green Warmers - Fetching by Cheryl Niamath, Knitty.com
"Wave" Hat - Swell by Kimmie Kemper, Knitty.com
Red Warmers - Kid's Wristwarmers by Krissy Otten, Original Design
Striped Hat - Kim's Hats by Kim Hamlin, Last-Minute Knitted Gifts
Black Warmers - Dashing by Cheryl Niamath, Knitty.com
Yarns: Malabrigo Worsted Merino in Vaa (green), Paris Night (black), and Sealing Wax (red)
Green Hat - Emilie Hat by Louisa Harding, Knitting Little Luxuries
Green Warmers - Fetching by Cheryl Niamath, Knitty.com
"Wave" Hat - Swell by Kimmie Kemper, Knitty.com
Red Warmers - Kid's Wristwarmers by Krissy Otten, Original Design
Striped Hat - Kim's Hats by Kim Hamlin, Last-Minute Knitted Gifts
Black Warmers - Dashing by Cheryl Niamath, Knitty.com
Yarns: Malabrigo Worsted Merino in Vaa (green), Paris Night (black), and Sealing Wax (red)
3 comments:
Wow, you are getting prolific. Your stuff is beautiful. I LOVE the malabrigo choice. You spoil them.
Those are such great sets. I really like the 'swell' hat. I'm sure my boys would like that one.
I think hand knit scarves and hats are the best gift that someone can get - especially when they live where it's cold. They look extra toasty and warm too!
Post a Comment