Thursday, March 13, 2008

I Wish...

I wish I could say that I have been laid up in the hospital...

I wish I could say that I've been out of town with a family emergency...

I wish that I could say that the google browser hasn't been letting me post...

I wish that I could say that I were dirt poor and unable to pay my cable/internet bill...

I wish that I could tell you anything other than that I've just not been in the mood.

Blogging has always been a "happy place" for me. I try to share my knitting and the funny little things that happen to me. I love reading what others are doing. Sometimes, I feel like I am participating. Like with the 30 Days of Photos (I owe you one more posts of these) or the fun memes that roam the net. I love to see your latest knitting projects or photo of you kids, and get excited to share what I am doing. I've always tried to keep my blog upbeat, so I apologize now for the downer mood that this post is setting. I wish I could only have positive things to say.

I started this blog because I love to knit. I don't have many local friends that knit, so I had to figure out a way to share what I was doing. I thought that I would join the vast community here in the knitting blog world. I'm horrible at taking pictures and I hate writing. But I shared anyways. People liked the stuff I made and think that I am actually funny. I don't really feel like I write this for myself any more but for the absolute and complete strangers that I have meet either through commenting or Ravelry.

Then one day I feel like I just lost it. Someone I personally know, left a very unkind comment on the blog. I feel like they wanted to hurt me and they did. They took away my happy outlet. I didn't want to post anything because someone that is a part of my life might be unkind to me. I know it has only been 3 weeks since the last post, but it has been longer than that since the comment was made and it has just weighed on me. Screaming at the top of my lungs hasn't gotten the feeling out and I end up just wishing it would go away.

I know that wishing doesn't get you anything, you have to work to make a difference. So, I'm taking a deep breath, I'm counting to ten, and I'm going to start blogging again. So, I'm going to show you my latest projects, share my 30 Photos, and keep telling the funny stories of the silly things that happen to me.

And I thank all of you that have lifted me up. You have done more than you can imagine.

4 comments:

Good Yarns said...

I wish for you that you had not been hurt. I am sorry for that. Sometimes people who know us can be the most hurtful.

Still, I want you to know that I have always found you to be so encouraging to me and I always enjoy seeing what you are up to. Please don't go.

km said...

You know, I almost sent an email to see if things were ok. But then, I didn't want to intrude. I'm glad you're back. Mean People Suck! Now...list your happy thoughts...it really helps.

Senora Fuerte said...

I agree. I am happy you are back to blogging. While I am lucky enough to get to see the knits in person, it's fun to read your words and the comments of others. I know I don't comment often, but that's because I comment out loud. But I am here reading and enjoying always.

Keep it up. I can already tell there's been an upswing since this post.

Live, Laugh, and Love :) xoxo said...

I love you, and thats all I am going to say. You are my BFF, and an inspiration to me.