Thursday, June 18, 2009

Birthday Cowl

Yesterday was Chiquita's last day of school. Wow, my little Kindergartner is now a 1st Grader. We are so proud of her. The end of the school year comes with a knit. This is for Chiquita's favorite teacher, Ms. H. This knit was great. It's so fast and fun, like all cowls. And in yummy bright orange Malabrigo, Ms. H's favorite color. I love that orange is someone's favorite color. It's makes me feel boring for liking Sage green. Don't tell my couches or my car that I said that.

Ms. H is the only teacher that got a hand knit, but that is because there are rules to getting a knit from me. It helps a lot the she was THE favorite. But really, it is because her mom is so cool. The fact that I know her mom tells you something. Ms. Mom is a knitter, also. We have fun at school activities with all our knitting talk and sharing projects. Ms. H will also appreciate the gift because she has seen how much work her mom puts into knitting. See, rules... Have to like you, have to appreciate it, have to use it. I'm such a hard a**.

Pattern: Birthday Cowl
Source: Designed by Nova Seals (Rav link)
Yarn:Malabrigo Worsted Merino in Papaya

4 comments:

Darcys Knotty Knitter said...

I love it just gorgeous:)Hugs Darcy

Sara and AJ said...

I totally agree with your rules! Not that I do that myself, but it seems that anybody who gets something from me, really likes it. Knitting is so time consuming, that you don't want to just hand stuff out to people who don't appreciate it. Anyways can't wait to see you :) and love the Cowl!!

Desi said...

Rules are neccessary to winnow the knitworthy from the chaff. There are lovely people in one's life who are otherwise worth every moment you can spare, but are not knitworthy. Those are the people for whom Starbucks cards were made.

Free Range Chick said...

I am so stealing the Starbucks gift card line from you.